Paint type & color

Hammerite is another brandp it's originally from the UK, so might be available in Canada. I usually just order it from Amazon.

Grizzly has that same color but they are out of stock until 4/16/2013.. Ray

I've now ordered up a 1 gallon (!) can of Sherwin Williams Dimenso sprayable stuff.
It's the blue in this pic:
View attachment 48182

Paint arrived. And applied!
Looks much more up to date now than the green.

If anyone else is going with this same product, I've got to give it a thumbs up!
Applies very easily and forgivingly. You'll want to try and do it all in one coat.
Put it on WET WET WET, just to the point you think it'll run. Testing ahead of time is the key there.
If you put it on too dry, you won't get the hammer effect.

Obviously has to be sprayed. I used a very small gun with a 0.7mm tip. Took a hella long time of course, but I wanted the control for getting into tight places and not flooding it.
Guess I could have whipped out my big gun as well - but who wants to clean up twice. ;)

Work fast as you can, as the dry time (to touch) is about 15 minutes after it's sprayed! So don't leave a dry edge to come back to if possible.
Pot time is probably fairly high as it's not reduced, and non catalyzed. Didn't want to test that theory though.

Any questions, I'll answer best I can.

Just in case you didn't see them in the "other" thread....

This is what the SW paint looks like applied!

DSC_0287.JPGDSC_0285.JPG

DSC_0287.JPG DSC_0285.JPG

Very nice. I like that colour. Matches the paint on some of my accessories.

See anything interesting there?

Heh - well at this point - after painting the whole machine (VERY heavily I might add!), I think I still have enough left over to paint 15-20 more.

Funny feeling I'm going to have a 100% blue/grey shop of tools at some point.

Blue is not bad, better than Herb Tarlik plaid!

Back