Pan Lube Cookie Cutter

magicniner

Registered
Registered
I tried pushing, popping and breaking my cast heads out of the lube but it always pulled some lube out of the grooves, giving me heads that didn't look like they came out of a box.
This is the third version of my "Cookie Cutter", it gives me results that look like factory heads, the wooden handle makes it comfortable to hold and easy to apply the required pressure and you just keep punching out heads until you have a palm full, drop them in a tray then continue.

PanLubeCookieCutter.jpg

I do the gun thing including hand loading, but am not familiar with what you are doing, can you elaborate?

This video shows Pan Lubing but Larry is using a much softer lube there than I use for .357 so he can pull the heads out with pliers, if I try that it marks the heads and the lube cracks, I don't want to use a softer lube as mine works really nicely in my Winchester and my Taurus.

The hole through the brass cutter my fits over the heads very closely and cuts through the lube lifting the head out in the tube when the cutter is pulled out, because the hole through the handle is an easy clearance size you just keep going and the heads start to come out of the top, when you finish there will be one head in the brass cutter which can be pushed through with a stick or left until the next batch.

OK, understood, since I shoot all smokeless, I size and lube with the stick stuff.

Good idea , for years I used a cut off shell to pop them out . But that's all part of the fun of BP Shooting , I make my own punches for card and fiber wads for my pistol and .54 cal rifles. I've wanted a small bore shotgun in BP about a 28 gauge even a 32 would be Kool for small game and squirrel hunting. Hunted my entire life and twenty years ago I stopped with the 12-20 gauge shotguns for small game started only carrying the 28 + 410 for that. Out one day pheasant hunting and got some shots at a flock of geese , YUPP killed two with the three shots in my old Remington 11-58 28 gauge . Bragging rites among the guys there that day.
How can anybody not enjoy being out in nature and bringing home dinner.

Back