Paraffin Wax

Thanks to all for the reply

I will use WD-40 and forget about Paraffin Wax which is nowhere to be found here except Amazon

?? Parafin wax is very common, cheap too, just buy a bunch of candles from any dollar store.

Does your girlfriend have any lipstick she doesn't need?

I use paraffin wax on my vertical bandsaw, despite having roller guides, and the blade runs a lot cooler on long cuts. I think it would help when cutting steel on a horizontal bandsaw too.

For aluminum (or aluminium in the UK) I like the WD40/kerosine idea as well. very little to no mess to clean up. win-win!

I keep a stick of wax in the shop, but my most common lube for aluminum is Crisco. I brush some on with an acid brush and it stays put until the cutter hits it.

?? Parafin wax is very common, cheap too, just buy a bunch of candles from any dollar store.

I didn't know that candles are made with Paraffin wax. That's the best idea to me and Crisco also sound good

I have a block of parrafin from the days when my wife used to do canning. The very best wax for the purpose is beeswax but it is pricey here, so I use paraffin.

- beeswax sticks well and smears easily.I rub wax on both sides of my vert bandsaw blade once it gets a little warm, and it really helps!

Back