[How do I?] Parting Blade Help

I agree that reviving old threads to share knowledge that wasn't covered in the original thread is great. But offering solutions to a problem that was solved 3 years ago sometimes tickles the funny bone. Sorry.
Of course, I've never added my half vast wisdom to ancient threads myself. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Tom

P.S. Mikey, thanks for the brew, but I think I owe you one already for the Superfly feedback, so put those two on my tab.

Tom
I happen to be thinking the same thing myself when I got to the end of the first post & seen it was 2015. I then skipped to the end to see if a new member dusted it off because they had the same problem.

Not having read the while thing I'll add my input here. I stay away from parting in the lathe whenever I can but those times I can't I started using a carbide tipped saw blade that is 4" out of a biscuit jointer. I bolt it on a piece of square stock & mount it in the tool holder. It works slick.

Once every thing clicked with parting,if the round will fit in the lathe I cut/part it off. It is all in the set up and feed. I do 4-6 inch rounds easy. And yes I was klutz and broke many blades learning.
Brag and opinions will vary

Back