Parting tool angle screw up.

Can You move the tool post over enough to let the tool holder drop down further and add a longer extension adjusting screw?

mcostello- The way it (my QCTP) sits, the holders actually are over the compound even in the 90° positions, so it would stop there regardless. I may do what some were discussing in a different group and ditch the compound later anyhow. I'll make sure to make the riser block compact enough if I do, for that and other reasons.

And thanks Tom. I'll remember that when I clean up the blade. That would have been how the blade was stock anyhow (rake-wise).

Take Care

One way to change it. Is get a 5/8 blade and reslot your angle in the toolholder. Rotate your angle so it’s less drastic. You’d get acouple degrees out when f the 1/8 diff.

Speaking of alternative blade heights, I was wondering if that blade/holder I had before was a standard size (1/2") to begin with. If a bunch of the parting blades out there are less than that, it might explain why they don't sit too high.

BTW mcostello- I went and double checked. It does land on the compound, but only by about a quarter inch at the edge. If I trimmed about a 1/4x1/4 rabbet along the back bottom of the holder, it would probably give me that extra drop, but knowing me, I probably won't be satisfied until I've got a nice clean new one. I do still need a dial indicator holder, so I may screw a block onto this and adapt it.

Back