Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Gruby

Forum Guest
Register Today
I don't get here as much as I did. You don't need it that often. You Gentleman are to be commended for a job well done. It could have just as easily failed but thanks to all it did not. Again, Kudos to you all for keeping it together.

"Billy G"

kvt

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
EVERYONE have a happy holiday, Of course the people getting the boxes just before the holiday got an little extra to look at as well.
My bad as well but we have to start posting some pictures on here of what we got out of the box. That also lets us see what people are liking in the boxes.

rmack898

Active User
Registered
Well I'm on Christmas vacation in Florida but I talked to my son this afternoon and it appears that box #2 arrived at my place. I'll check it out when I get home on the 31st and send it on to the next recipient. Merry Christmas everyone.

rmack898

Active User
Registered
I got home fro my Christmas vacation yesterday and found box#2 waiting for me. I took 2 end mills out of the box that I could very much use and added several things. I had to remove much bubble tape and packing to make everything fit back in the box, and it will be along to it's next destination as soon as I get an address to send it to.

002.JPG

rmack898

Active User
Registered
I finally got an address for TIGL and box #2 will be on it's way in tomorrows mail.

TIGL

Active User
Registered
I finally got an address for TIGL and box #2 will be on it's way in tomorrows mail.
Sorry it took so long, I was home for the holidays and not checking my email as often as I should have

hman

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
I still have it. Been a bit busy, plus "iced in" for a bit. I have Brian Fox's mailing address, and plan to send it off this weekend.

joshua43214

Active User
Registered
I still have it. Been a bit busy, plus "iced in" for a bit. I have Brian Fox's mailing address, and plan to send it off this weekend.
Some how I have this image of moving you moving north in the winter and south in the summer lol
We do things differently in Ohio, half our population moves to Florida in the winter...

hman

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
My wife and I do live in Tempe most of the year, and drive to Corvallis for the summer. But we also come here from about mid December to mid January, mainly because of a 10+ year tradition I've established of throwing a New Year's Eve party. I've got machine tools at both ends, and it's sometimes a lot of fun to look for a missing tool or widget at the wrong end!

joshua43214

Active User
Registered
Ahhh. Makes sense now. My mother has a place up in Sedona, and my son's GF's family live outside of Prescott.
Tempe is one of the few places I would happily relocate to. I have always enjoyed bumming around down there - though I have heard it has gone down hill in recent years a bit.

hman

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Well, I got Box #1 packed up and ready to ship before dinner tonight. Then after dinner, I checked my stock of flat rate boxes. No joy. Didn't have the one needed. So I drove the 10 miles to the post office. DURN IT!!! The !)(#&$#@#!@%?&* dinky little PO didn't have the right size boxes at their self-service kiosk, either!!!!! And of course, it's the weekend, so they'll be closed until Monday.

And I'll be busy a a one-armed paper hanger Monday, packing up the car for our trip back to AZ (hard deadline in play). Brian, please be patient with me. I'll get it mailed off from the Tempe post office ass soon as I can. We'll be on the road Tuesday thru Thursday, and I plan to get it sent no later than Friday.

Here's the stuff I took - mill vise stop, Starrett indicator mount bar, double ended carbide insert lathe tool, bunch of cemented carbide boring bars, cutoff tool holder, height gauge blade, 3" ruler, swarf rake, and some shim stock. I discarded a soapstone because it had broken into a large number of very short pieces in transit.
kHPIM4072.jpg

Chippy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Well, I got Box #1 packed up and ready to ship before dinner tonight. Then after dinner, I checked my stock of flat rate boxes. No joy. Didn't have the one needed. So I drove the 10 miles to the post office. DURN IT!!! The !)(#&$#@#!@%?&* dinky little PO didn't have the right size boxes at their self-service kiosk, either!!!!! And of course, it's the weekend, so they'll be closed until Monday.

And I'll be busy a a one-armed paper hanger Monday, packing up the car for our trip back to AZ (hard deadline in play). Brian, please be patient with me. I'll get it mailed off from the Tempe post office ass soon as I can. We'll be on the road Tuesday thru Thursday, and I plan to get it sent no later than Friday.

Here's the stuff I took - mill vise stop, Starrett indicator mount bar, double ended carbide insert lathe tool, bunch of cemented carbide boring bars, cutoff tool holder, height gauge blade, 3" ruler, swarf rake, and some shim stock. I discarded a soapstone because it had broken into a large number of very short pieces in transit.
View attachment 119025
No problem, it may work out better now because there is a local online auction on the 12th that I am signed up for, so I may have some additional items to add to the box, wish me luck. LoL

TIGL

Active User
Registered
I Have box 2. Got it on monday and plan on getting it mailed out by tomorrow

hman

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Sent off Box #1 today. ETA Jan 19th.

Andy Rafferty

Registered
Registered
Box #2 made it this morning. We are having a great snow day. I can't wait to go through it. Who Gets it next?

Terrywerm

Registered
Registered
Woodrowm is the next person in line for box #2. Start a conversation with him (send a PM) to get his mailing address. Give him a few days to respond; send it his way when you are able.

Terrywerm

Registered
Registered
Chippy, you should have received Box #1 by now. Do you have any news for us??

Anything new on Box #2?

wing98

Registered
Registered
i received box 1 today 2/1/16 will go though it and try to send out Monday

Chippy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Chippy, you should have received Box #1 by now. Do you have any news for us??

Anything new on Box #2?
Yes, I have received and mailed it out last week. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow. sorry for the delay, my schedule is finally getting back to normal after the snow storm we received last week here on the east coast.

T

TOOLMASTER

Forum Guest
Register Today
not much will be going through the midwest for a few days

autonoz

Active User
Registered
Still haven't heard anything from Rafferty. Not sure the status of the box. Hopefully everything is ok and he has just been busy.

The Liberal Arts Garage

Active User
Coming to the end of its first lap! access to private messages seems to be lost to me
But I hear you. Call603 357 1831 If nothing else goes through. ..........BLJHB.

Terrywerm

Registered
Registered
access to private messages seems to be lost to me
In the forum software used here, they are not called Private Messages, but instead are referred to as "Conversations". You can get to them in the upper right corner of your screen by clicking on "Inbox". From there you can read messages that have been sent to you or you can choose to start a new conversation with someone. You can also start a new conversation with someone by clicking on the "Contact" button directly below their avatar over on the left side of the screen.

Terrywerm

Registered
Registered
Still haven't heard anything from Rafferty. Not sure the status of the box. Hopefully everything is ok and he has just been busy.
Andy hasn't logged in to H-M since February 1st. On that very day he told me that he had Woodrowm's address and would send the box out to him in the next few days.

autonoz

Active User
Registered
I messaged woodrown and he has not received the box. I will give it a couple more days and then see if Bill can contact Rafferty through other means

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock