Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suki, Good to hear things are good, Hope the move went ok, I know what they can be like.
Autonoz, fi you start a second list let me know I may go for both. Again thanks for all your work on this.

First and foremost: SuKi I am glad to hear that you are okay! We were fearful that something dreadful had befallen you, but personally I am thrilled that you are in one piece.

Moving on: The new plywood box is complete. It is made from 1/4" plywood with 1/2" cleats in the corners. The box is glued and screwed together and the cover is held on with #8 flat head machine screws that thread into some inserts embedded in the wood cleats. This way the threads should not wear out as the cover is removed and installed numerous times. As for contents, I kept an antique electric drill, not because I wanted it, but because it would not fit inside the plywood box. It was actually a little bit oversize for the cardboard box also, but plywood is less forgiving than cardboard. I placed a number of smaller items in the box in its place.

The box is all packed up and ready to go, I just have to get AndyRafferty's address and contact information.

Would also like to know if there is a new list being started.

Okay, the box is ready to go. As I mentioned to Andy in a PM, the box will go out on Tuesday as neither my wife nor I are able to get to the post office on Monday due to our work schedules.

As for a new list, Autonoz will need to respond to that.

I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone else, but yes, there were a couple of items that I considered. But, since the drill would not fit in the plywood box I kept it and let the other items go. Additionally, I do have a newer, more modern version of the one item I contemplated, so thought that someone else might enjoy it more than me and let it go.

Not saying any of the other items had no use, they could all be useful at some point, for some project, I just don't have a use for any of the other items at this time.

Would also like to know if there is a new list being started.
As soon as I receive the box from SuKi I will look to see the interest and make a decision. I will add another list to the bottom of the old starting with Autonoz. Add your name to the space below the last name. The link is on page 1. My name is line 31, the name name will be 32 and so on.

Still have enough stuff for another box; don't worry, my Soap Opera Lathe won't
fit in a box. ..........BLJHB.

There are only three names on the list for the second box. If you are a participant on the first box list and want to be involved with the second one, add your name to the spreadsheet. Just remember you will be responsible for shipping a second box and ensuring you are sending it to the corect person on the correct list. Chances of receiving the second box around the same time is probably pretty slim, but I imagine it may happen. The link to the spreadsheet is in the first post of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back