Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get well soon the junk can stop

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Just got box #1. Wow, heavy! Lots of interesting stuff- LOTS that I had no idea what they were. It's like a bad game of Tetris getting everything to fit back into the box. Kept some items (tap handle, small tap, small monkey wrench, spark plug socket, double ended 4 flute 3/8" end mill) and got rid of a couple if items because they're really bulky, and could be replaced by anyone with a trip to Horror Fright if they really needed a couple of plastic handles.

Adding some items into the box and then shipping to the next person in the next couple of days- most likely Thursday when I have a day off. Catskinner is the next person on the list, sent a PM.

Box 2 arrived today, see why the screws are having to be moved. but do not know where to get the inserts like were used for the screws in box 1. Or I would work it over. May take me a few days to get it out, as spent most of the day at the doctor, Several treatments then an Xray and then the doctor calls and tells me I have Pneumonia and I have to go pick up more meds to take.
I will try and get it out in a couple of days.

Take your time and get healed up KV. When you get around to securing that lid, mix up some JB Weld or Epoxy and coat your screws and the bottom of the lid with paste wax or some other release agent, fill the holes with the glue and then put the lid on and screw it down. Everything should stay together during shipment and pop right apart when it gets to the next guy. Just a thought from an old acraglass guy.

I sure wish I lived closer I would love to help move that baby. I guess I better not hijack this thread so maybe post in another thread.
I've always been there for people now I find how much my help was worth ya know what I mean.

Meds working good, Feeling better, will try and get it out tomorrow if not it will be out SAT for the next in line. I was thnking of the inserts that were used on box 1, but do not know where he got them. I may wan to get some and have on hand for a few other thngs.

SilverBullet, I know what you mean,

I was thnking of the inserts that were used on box 1, but do not know where he got them. I may wan to get some and have on hand for a few other thngs.

Ken, I got those inserts at my local Ace hardware store. They were in one of those little boxes of odds and ends and special 'used once in a lifetime' doo dads. The particular box where I found them was marked as 'Furniture Parts and Hardware' or something of that nature. I just remember that it was furniture related.

If you go looking for them at Home Depot you probably will not find them and the guy at my local HD store looked at me like I was from the planet Zorcon (how did he know? :grin:) when I asked about them. I always knew there was a good reason that I like my local small town hardware store!

McMaster-Carr also carries the inserts I used and you can find them here in bags of 50 for about $9 depending on size: http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-inserts/=zl1l4o

Terry thanks for the information. Most if not all of the local small shops around here have closed. I hate it. there is one in a town a short distance from SA that I may be able to check with. It will go out as is for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back