Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry thanks for the information. Most if not all of the local small shops around here have closed. I hate it. there is one in a town a short distance from SA that I may be able to check with. It will go out as is for now.
t
You can always get out the epoxy and the furniture wax like I suggested earlier, it does work. I have repaired many guns with stripped out screws in their stocks, butt plates, tang screws etc.

box 2 on its way to extropic kept a couple of small bits, and a inside small inside mic. Put in a few other items Was told it weighed over 20 lbs. forgot to put SA TX 10/30/15 on it before I sealed the box. Extropic can you put that on it for me.

Box 1 arrived today in great shape, that thing is packed I took about 10 things out and could barley get the rest put back in. I will have to do some major planning to get the things I am putting in to fit.

Just sent for Dave Enrico's info to ship it too him tomorrow. Here is a pic of what I chose out of the box. Hope some of you guys can use the stuff I put in there. machinist pass around2.jpg

He was able to add me. Thanks autonoz!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At this point in time, Terry and "Autonoz" are the only two that can add on or take off.

"Billy G"

I received Box #2 (11-02) and opened it. There are lot of useable items in there but there is also much damage occurring. IMO, we need to do a better job of packaging each item so they’re protected from each other in transit. I’ve noticed four items, so far, that are significantly damaged, in transit, I think.
Box 2 Items Damage 1.jpg

Specifically, there is a used, but was useable, ¾” solid carbide, four flute, center cutting end mill which was wrapped only in a layer of blue shop towel. It now has at least two chipped tips (corners). I saw the largest chip in the towel when I unwrapped it, therefore I think that damage occurred in transit. Sorry for the poor focus.
Box 2 End Mill Damage.jpg

Also, a little borescope is badly damaged. The flashlight body has a substantial ding in it and the glass window is shattered. I didn’t find any glass shards so I guess it must have happened on a previous leg of the journey (before San Antonio). There is a small oil dispenser with a substantial ding that might not bother some, but a darn shame if it was donated in good condition.
Box 2 Borescope Oiler Damage.jpg

The last item is a metal tin, about 4.5” x 5.5” rectangular, who’s cover has been beaten in to a degree that would not be surprising if you found it laying in a parking lot. That's a 3/8" shank under the scale.
Box 2 Tin Lid Damage.jpg

The wooden inner box is weathering the storm well, at least by my expectations, but needs some attention. IMO, the wrap of metal hanging strap is the key to this thing holding together. That’s not to denigrate the original 1/2“ plywood box at all. It’s a great foundation but it’s taking a beating. I’ll do my thing and post regarding the refurbishment when completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back