Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BoreScope was broken when I received it and put it back in thinking that if someone wanted it they could replace the glass, The oil can looks about the same as when I got it and put it back in. Did not look at the Endmill as it is way to big for my little machines. Blue box/lid was in ruff shape and I figured it was just in there to hold a few things together. How bad was the outer box, I'm thinking they must not be taking much care with these boxes since they are heavy. What gets me is that the stuff in box 1 did not seem to be getting beat up quite as much. Yea, they was some damage, (rod through the back of a book spine) but not a lot of real damage other wise. And it did not have really any padding material in it. Thus why is the content of this box getting so beat up. Any ideas?

You guys ever hear of Bubble Wrap? It would stop 90% of the damage I see here. You can't put metal objects in one box without protection and expect no damage.

"Billy G"

You put that much bubble wrap in and you would not have room for half th tools and stuff that is in there. I just cannot figure out how stuff in one box without any padding is holding up better than the one that has some padding.

Bubble wrap was just a suggestion, there are many ways to keep items from moving. I bow out of this one since suggestions are not wanted. Terry, autonoz, my apologies for stepping in here to try and help. Won't happen again.

"Billy G"

No apologies necessary Bill. Suggestions are exactly what are needed here. The key to keeping things from being damaged is to not have any movement of the items once the box is closeed and bubble wrap is a good choice. There is all sizes of bubble wrap. Again as Bill has said there are plenty of alternatives. I have noticed with some recent packages I have received, there is a lot of damage to the package. Not sure why this is happening, but I have never had these types of problems in the past. I put the blue metal container in the original box to hold some taps I believe, so it has been in the box for quite a while. Lets just take a little more care to securely package the box before we ship it and hope for the best. If we need to remove an item or two to accomodate more padding then please do so. Once the box is in the hands of USPS there is nothing more we can control. Have fun!

It helps a lot to pack things so that heavy items are wedged in place and so cannot move around. Things with sharp points or edges such as end mills should be in cardboard or plastic tubes, both to protect them and to protect other stuff. Given how dense most of the stuff is I'd suggest stiffer packing than bubble wrap. If the box rattles after you put the lid on you need to repack.

I can tell you the oil can was pristine in this box it's small but comes in handy. I put it in along with several other new in package items and used items too. The tin box was totaled when I rec, it . The postal people go postal with heavy boxes , I said that before I signed up its a luck of the draw if stuff gets there at all .i tried to pack tight but if it's thrown it's bound to explode.The bore scope was busted when it came to me.

This may sound strange but I have used speedy dry or cat litter to take up space in packages. It worked well. May create a bit of a mess unpacking unless it is unpacked over a drop cloth. The litter can be reused many many times. But if using it is best to use NEW CLEAN Kitty Litter.

I put bubble wrap in box 2 when I packed it, probably had to be removed to get more stuff in, I totally understand.

painters blue masking tape works great to cover any sharp edges on tools in the box, and it peels off very easy..just another suggestion...smaller items can be taped to cardboard to keep them in place too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back