Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad. I should have mentioned that the box seemed quite solidly packaged when I got it. No sense of contents rattling or shifting significantly. Of course, I was only hand carrying the box.

No doubt the USPS doesn't 'hand carry' them. I figure if the box doesn't have tire tracks on it, or similar evidence of extreme mishandling, damaged contents is due to inadequate packaging. We're all clever people and capable of preventing the damage, if we anticipate the reality. Rather than imagining that the box will be handled considerately, think of it being tossed across your garage and landing on a corner or edge (never squarely on an planar side) on the concrete floor. Think of that happening a few times (per recipient). Package accordingly. Better to have fewer items in decent shape than nice items damaged in transit.

Oh, there were a few square feet of 'bubble pack' in the box. One sheet, about 2 sqft, literally only had a few 'bubbles' left so really just plastic sheet at this point. I'll replace all. Since we're spit-balling ideas, Styrofoam peanuts and 'cat litter' are acceptable filler for solid items (without cavities) but a serious aggravation to clean out of every nook and cranny of many items in this box. IMO, please don't use Styrofoam peanuts (which will end up as granules) or any other granular filler. IMO, fill item contours with crinkled news print, wrap in more layers of news print and tape all over. That method will 'smooth' the protrusions and cavities. Really sharp corners and points need even more protection. Fill all voids with tightly packed wadded paper or foam rubber scraps.

Last night, I stuffed the worn screw holes with tooth picks and wood glue. Also injected glue and clamped some areas of delamination. More refurbishment to come.

spray expanding foam will keep it from rattling..but getting it apart would be fun..lol:grin big:

Does anyone know dave enrico? He hasn't responded to my PM's, he is next in line for box 1.

From the packer of the first box; ... I packed it pretty tight. I am surprised at the
repeated assaults. If some of you happy paranoids out there have paper shredders
try coarse (brown) paper well tucked, shall I say rammed? ......BLJHB

I wander if they (USPS) keeps dropping/Throwing it etc, hoping it will break open so they can see what is in it since it is normally packed tight enough that it does not really rattle, and is so heavy. All I have to say it the wooden inner box was a good idea, and has held up to their punishment. The guys that built both of them did great.

Does anyone know dave enrico? He hasn't responded to my PM's, he is next in line for box 1.
He was on here on tuesday afternoon. Give him some more time to respond. I also sent him a message.

hello everyone this is dave enrico,ill have to pass on this right now with work and a sick wife i just have to much on my plate,i dont want to hang everyone up so later on maybe i can get reinstated dave

hello everyone this is dave enrico,ill have to pass on this right now with work and a sick wife i just have to much on my plate,i dont want to hang everyone up so later on maybe i can get reinstated dave
Thanks for responding. Absolutely take care of the wife. We will skip you for now and if and when your ready, let me know and I will add you back onto the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back