Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have it. Been a bit busy, plus "iced in" for a bit. I have Brian Fox's mailing address, and plan to send it off this weekend.
Some how I have this image of moving you moving north in the winter and south in the summer lol
We do things differently in Ohio, half our population moves to Florida in the winter...

My wife and I do live in Tempe most of the year, and drive to Corvallis for the summer. But we also come here from about mid December to mid January, mainly because of a 10+ year tradition I've established of throwing a New Year's Eve party. I've got machine tools at both ends, and it's sometimes a lot of fun to look for a missing tool or widget at the wrong end!

Ahhh. Makes sense now. My mother has a place up in Sedona, and my son's GF's family live outside of Prescott.
Tempe is one of the few places I would happily relocate to. I have always enjoyed bumming around down there - though I have heard it has gone down hill in recent years a bit.

Well, I got Box #1 packed up and ready to ship before dinner tonight. Then after dinner, I checked my stock of flat rate boxes. No joy. Didn't have the one needed. So I drove the 10 miles to the post office. DURN IT!!! The !)(#&$#@#!@%?&* dinky little PO didn't have the right size boxes at their self-service kiosk, either!!!!! And of course, it's the weekend, so they'll be closed until Monday.

And I'll be busy a a one-armed paper hanger Monday, packing up the car for our trip back to AZ (hard deadline in play). Brian, please be patient with me. I'll get it mailed off from the Tempe post office ass soon as I can. We'll be on the road Tuesday thru Thursday, and I plan to get it sent no later than Friday.

Here's the stuff I took - mill vise stop, Starrett indicator mount bar, double ended carbide insert lathe tool, bunch of cemented carbide boring bars, cutoff tool holder, height gauge blade, 3" ruler, swarf rake, and some shim stock. I discarded a soapstone because it had broken into a large number of very short pieces in transit.
kHPIM4072.jpg

Well, I got Box #1 packed up and ready to ship before dinner tonight. Then after dinner, I checked my stock of flat rate boxes. No joy. Didn't have the one needed. So I drove the 10 miles to the post office. DURN IT!!! The !)(#&$#@#!@%?&* dinky little PO didn't have the right size boxes at their self-service kiosk, either!!!!! And of course, it's the weekend, so they'll be closed until Monday.

And I'll be busy a a one-armed paper hanger Monday, packing up the car for our trip back to AZ (hard deadline in play). Brian, please be patient with me. I'll get it mailed off from the Tempe post office ass soon as I can. We'll be on the road Tuesday thru Thursday, and I plan to get it sent no later than Friday.

Here's the stuff I took - mill vise stop, Starrett indicator mount bar, double ended carbide insert lathe tool, bunch of cemented carbide boring bars, cutoff tool holder, height gauge blade, 3" ruler, swarf rake, and some shim stock. I discarded a soapstone because it had broken into a large number of very short pieces in transit.
View attachment 119025

No problem, it may work out better now because there is a local online auction on the 12th that I am signed up for, so I may have some additional items to add to the box, wish me luck. LoL

I Have box 2. Got it on monday and plan on getting it mailed out by tomorrow

Sent off Box #1 today. ETA Jan 19th.

Box #2 made it this morning. We are having a great snow day. I can't wait to go through it. Who Gets it next?

Woodrowm is the next person in line for box #2. Start a conversation with him (send a PM) to get his mailing address. Give him a few days to respond; send it his way when you are able.

Chippy, you should have received Box #1 by now. Do you have any news for us??

Anything new on Box #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back