Pass Around 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I didn't notice this before now. I am absolutely interested! I have at least half a dozen interesting items I could throw in, just off the top of my head. I'll start putting them together in one place in anticipation of being able to contribute to this cool project.

I have a 10" Logan lathe (MT2 taper), a Covel Type 6 surface/universal grinder (just the magnetic chuck, wheels, and diamond dresser; no other tooling), a couple drill presses, a Century mig welder, and I'm very soon getting an RF-30 type round column mill (R8) with virtually zero tooling.

Last edited:
Hi All!

The box arrived on my doorstep Friday, and after pawing through it, I decided on the items I wanted. I'm in the process of re-packing the box after adding some more items to it, and I've contacted Dlane to get an address to keep it moving along.

There's a lot of great stuff in there :) This is a great thing going on, and I'm sure it'll help people tool up and share their extras. I'll post pics as soon as I have a chance, busy with a million things this weekend.

Thanks!

Shuffled, packed, re-packed, and did my best to Tetris everything into the box, but had to claim another item so everything would fit back in there. It's packed pretty tight. I have the next address it's going to, so tomorrow morning I'll stop by the mail room and get it shipped out. About 26 lbs according to my bathroom scale. :)

I kept out of the box - A 35/64ths MT2 drill. That's going to come in useful, as it's a size I only had in stub length at the moment.
A Shars threading tool. The insert is chipped, but I found them online for a very reasonable price. It's a fantastic find, because I have been contemplating pulling the trigger on another threading tool all week.
A C6 brazed carbide tool. I have a very definite use for it. ;)
A HSS tool blank, just the right size for a fly cutter I already have.

Originally, those were the only four items I intended to keep, but in repacking it, I couldn't get the hammer handle to fit no matter how I juggled it all around. So, I snagged that too. It'll be a good replacement for one of my smaller hammers whose handle has definitely seen better days. :)

I added some items of which I have several, and hope they find a good home where they're cared for and used frequently. If you have a need for them, snag 'em and don't feel guilty. Enjoy!

20160612_132756.jpg

I would like to be added to the list.

I have a Monarch 16CW lathe, VanNorman 22L mill with NMTB 50 taper, 1" and 1-1/4" horizontal arbors, Lincoln TIG welder plus assorted Harbor Freight small electrics

I don't know if I mentioned my machines, but I hope they are still posted in my signature? I have to check from my computer.
I have a cool pile of items to put in the box when it gets here! Looking forward to making them fit- what a cool idea this is!
I use 5C, B&S 9, and straight shank tooling for most machines, and now have surface grinders I play with too. I'll check laptop for my signature for the rest

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who have had the box in hand. Turn around times are good allowing this years box to make it through the list of participants in a timely manner. Good job everyone.

Got box yesterday, will go thru it today and post pics of what I keep and get it out to KVT tomorrow as today is going to be a busy day.

Box going to KVT today , here is what I kept , there is some good stuff in there, wish box was bigger as I'm spring cleaning.
image.jpeg

HAHA! I thought I kept that woodruff key cutter, and have been looking for it since the box left!
I'm glad I saw it in your picture, as I was beginning to think I was loosing my mind.

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

A nice looking mic plus a 6" scale, BOTH with "cases". You guys are going uptown now. :D

First time I've seen that AL box too. It looks like a beauty.

It's fun to watch, when it all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back