Pass Around 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had some instances when the box has disappeared for a while, and luckily it has always popped back up. One situation that frightens me is where a member passes away while the box is in his possession. A spouse or other family member will most likely have no idea what the box is for, where it should go, or anything. Thus, we need to have a valid email address and phone number. In a worst case scenario, a phone call could be answered by a family member so that we can at least communicate and figure out what step to take next.

I didn't participate in this so far (first I've heard of it) but hope to next year, but I have a suggestion: Attach "permanent" contact information to the box (moderator?), with a note explaining what it is and "if you come into possession of this box, pleas contact so-and-so." Kind like geocaching (look it up if you've never heard of it); a similar game where you add and remove stuff from a box, with a web link explaining what it is for anybody who may find the box and doesn't know what it is.

Good idea ... and confirmation comes from the fact that it's already in place. There's a note taped to the cover of the aluminum box that gives contact info.

How big is this "box" ? because I have a whole bunch of misc machine parts and other stuff I'm willing to part with (donate)
Not looking to take anything. I just don't want to add a bunch of weight on you guys tho. Stuff gets heavy fast and will raise the shipping costs.
BP parts, cranks, partial dovetail slides, EDM electrode holders, some unknown change gears, lathe parts, caulk tube nozzle mold, printers type inserts, ya all weird stuff....things I aquired at auctions usually as part of "mystery cabinets with contents"
I've got way too much so been tossing a little in the garbage each week to slowly purge it but I feel bad since someone could possibly use it. I did not read this thread and all the rules etc. if this type of stuff is not wanted no prob I figured I would offer though.
f76c7921f02ffe9eb450bec79d69f1a4.jpgd6a161ffaa94919104d56987d798d2cc.jpg
0777c40fe9d22dc91f8b62507379b631.jpg
d85f3e1d18f5042155b79117d8b71865.jpg

Shipping will be the same as long as the box stays under 70#. It fits in a flat rate box. We just need to put stuff in that we think someone might use. whether it's tooling, pocket size books and charts, or even asmall machine part we see others are always looking for. Large stuff we don't really need can be posted in other places.

Reactions: Guv
How big is this "box" ? because I have a whole bunch of misc machine parts and other stuff I'm willing to part with (donate)
Not looking to take anything. I just don't want to add a bunch of weight on you guys tho. Stuff gets heavy fast and will raise the shipping costs.
BP parts, cranks, partial dovetail slides, EDM electrode holders, some unknown change gears, lathe parts, caulk tube nozzle mold, printers type inserts, ya all weird stuff....things I aquired at auctions usually as part of "mystery cabinets with contents"
I've got way too much so been tossing a little in the garbage each week to slowly purge it but I feel bad since someone could possibly use it. I did not read this thread and all the rules etc. if this type of stuff is not wanted no prob I figured I would offer though.

I'm positive that someone would like to have some of your surplus stuff. Why not post a free to a good home, just pay shipping thread?

Mike

As Reelter said. Post a free to good home thread. Someone will be glad to pay shipping for some of it. Many are always looking for machine parts to refurbish something they got a deal on. They are always looking for gears, handle, other misc. parts.

I have been looking for a table height crank for my Clausing 8520, the one that is with it is not the original. It works but has issues. I was thinking of making an adapter to make a Bridgeport crank work. I would gladly pay the shipping for both of the cranks that appear in your photo, or if you want something for them, I would have no problem negotiating a fair price. PM me if you are interested in that.

ON EDIT: Never mind sending me a PM, I just sent one to you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked about the cranks... The one is a std BP crank handle. The other one is a raw iron casting. No hole in the hub whatsoever. It would need to be machined to suit your application.
Pm sent Terry.

So, no update for almost three weeks. Anyone know what's happening? Woodrowm, did you get confirmation that LAG received it?

Liberal Arts notified me by PM on 12/9/2016 that he had received the box but was unable to lift it. He had someone coming by last weekend that would be able to help him with it. Based on past history, I expect that we should hear from him any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back