Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the box on my doorstep when I got home from work. As it didn't go out until Saturday I hadn't even checked the tracking yet, so that was a pleasant surprise. :)

I feel greedy as I kept more than I expected to, but everyone has been saying that there's too much stuff, and I only took as much as I did to make room for the stuff I added. I actually had more to send but there wasn't anything else I could make use of to make room for the rest.

The speeds and feeds calculator is great because the one that came with my lathe warped in the heat of the storage shed where the lathe used to live, so it's kind of hard to use.

The drill chuck is a perfect replacement for a broken one on my father's drill press.

I've been working on replacing my carbon steel taps and dies with HSS, and there were several I don't have yet.

An old steel rule, 3/16" R8 collet, small tap wrench, roughing end mill, adjustable reamer with MT2 shank, 5 degree angle block, and the bottle of "misc gage blocks" were all cool and useful for upcoming projects. But I was most excited for the small sine bar. It has some pitting and I'm sure it wouldn't pass NIST certification, but I liked it even before I saw my father's initials, KAM, stamped in the end. :)

20170313_223453.jpg

For those still in line, don't worry, as there is still plenty in there, including something wrapped up with Reeltor's name on it (good thing, because I think I know what is in there and it's on my list). Hopefully what I added will be as exciting for others as what I kept was for me.

A couple holes are basically stripped, which is surely why a couple screws were missing. I put the extra screws in the box. It will go out to Realtor tomorrow.

Thanks to all who contributed to my shop in these small but meaningful ways! Hopefully you'll get to see the things you added in use in pictures or videos of my projects in the future.

I had to hit two post offices to find the right box. First one had the version that is like 3/8" too small. For those who can handle images from Tapatalk, the top box is too small, the bottom one is correct.

20170314_144800.jpg

I dropped it off a moment ago, and delivery to Reeltor is expected on Thursday. This was fun!

Jon,

Thanks for the update, you found some nice additions to you tool box --2 thumbs up on that. Also, thanks for posting the bar code for the correct box; just so happens it matches the one I have ready to go on to the next recipient. I have a bunch of goodies to add, and can't wait to see the special goodie that CS900 has my name on.

Anything, Tool poor for larger lathe. (which is right now in parts) Hope to be back up in a few, but 2Mt long drill bits. A steady rest for an Taiwanese 10inch similar to an old jet 10X24. Prior just had small Sherline Stuff .

Anything, Tool poor for larger lathe. (which is right now in parts) Hope to be back up in a few, but 2Mt long drill bits. A steady rest for an Taiwanese 10inch similar to an old jet 10X24. Prior just had small Sherline Stuff .

Are you going to use lantern style tool holders and HSS bits? Do you have the lantern tool post and need holders?
Guess I need to ask, what size is a "larger lathe". WreckWreck made a kind offer of some free tooling that his boss wanted gone, but it was for BIG machines that you might have been able to use on something as small as a 20" lathe. I guess larger is relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back