Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I unexpectedly ended up out of town for a few days including this past weekend. My wife tells me that a very heavy package showing up on Saturday, so it will be waiting at home for me when I get there tomorrow night. I also just remembered that there's no sense in me being in a hurry because there is no one else after me on the list at the present time. Well, at least there wasn't the last time I looked at the list. I will try and get at the box tomorrow night but it maybe this weekend before I have it ready to go back out again.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

All I can say is WOW!! That box is packed! I got home late last night and basically had just enough time to open up the box and get a peek inside. I thought it best to leave rummaging through the contents until a time when I can do so at a more leisurely pace. Back on the road now until Friday morning, so I will have more to report and some photos to share this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Got back home last night and started going through the box. I got about three quarters of the way through it when my phone rang. My dad (he's 80) fell last night at my brother's cabin and broke his femur. They airlifted him out of northern Wisconsin back to Minneapolis where he is currently undergoing surgery to have a steel rod put in. Thought I would head back home here for a break while he is out for a few hours. Took a quick nap and getting ready to head back to the hospital shortly, but thought I would post here quickly. I am planning to get the box back in the mail by Tuesday since we now have another person on the list. Photos of my "keepers" coming soon.

Best wishes for your Dad! Hope the healing goes well and quickly.

Hope he does well, . Take care of him I think people would agree the box can wait till things settle down a little for you. My mother is in her 80s and I worry about here as well.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery. Take the time to tend to him and your family, the box can wait.

Looks like the box needs a little work before it goes out again. One of the threaded inserts is stuck on the screw, and one is stripped. I've got a tool for setting Riv-nuts like that, but I am currently out of that size of nut. Local hardware store does not have them, but I believe that another, larger store in the next town has them. Will need to stop and pick up a couple so that I can fix it up.

I will not get the box back out as quickly as I had hoped, but messing with it is a little get away from the other things going on right now.

Many thanks to all of you for the kind words for my dad. He is doing a little better each day, but progress is slow at this point. His pain meds must be some pretty good stuff, he tried to eat a green paper napkin today, must have thought it was lettuce or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back