Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok! Sorry for the delay! I received the box last weekend and spent a few days inspecting the goodies...wow! Really glad I participated!

Here is my haul...

IMG_3312.JPG

The spring clamp inside the handle is a little crusty and the case is split, but I'll see if I can free up the handle and patch up the case! This will come in handy as I create some drawings of my gear hobber castings. I also lost my thread gage, so I snagged that one as well.

So, I did a little something different this year, I put something in the box that is both useful (if you are ambitious enough!) and also a commemorative token of your participation in this year's Pass Around Box. When you get the box, please grab one, there is enough for everyone left on the list. For everyone on the list before me, I'll put one in the mail for each of you as well - everyone gets a trophy! (sarcasm)

Here is your hint...an extreme close up photo of one of them in the passivation tank tonight: just making sure I put the stainless back into them after I cleaned them up off the laser cutter! Can you guess what it is?

pass around hint.png

The Box is going out tomorrow to the next member on the list!

If you are talking about what I think you are... I determined that they are the inner part of roller burnishing tools. I think they go with the hollow pieces with the slots on the end...

Maybe... :p

-Bear
Maybe indeed...I just couldn't figure those out.

Guys, sorry it has been a crazy week - I didn't get out of the plant once during the week to head to the post office. The box is shipping out today and will be back on track.

Box arrived today. I just ate dinner now I’m trying to get my 10 month old to take a nap, his teeth are hurting him, I’ll post some pics later this evening once I get my son asleep and the box opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back