Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I comandeered a V block, scraping gauge, and countersink.

pob2018.jpg

Edit: I'll update when it's been dropped off at the PO.
Edit to edit: It's shipped

Last edited:
:cry: but thanks for looking into it.. it save me lots of work.....
No problem, glad to help where I can, but credit goes to @12bolts for finding the rates and details of the Australian postal programs.

Just checked tracking...
P*ss Poor Database programming. I tell ya, Database meltdown, I've been ranting about it fer years.
'If then' and 2+2 = 3 somehow...
How can the system display "In Transit to Next Facility" and yet state that 'Expected Delivery by' is tonight in about 90 minutes?
-hehe (I did check the front porch, JIC I had missed it.)

1522967619629.png

I have done my share of programming, including rule based programming. USPS software has room for a LOT of improvements. The Expected Delivery function seems to be set at the start, but is not updated with later events. I also feel the frustration. I do not know what code effort would be required to improve "Expected Delivery" but it should be possible.

My pet peeve is when a package goes awry. The tracking stops. I have had packages sent from Eastern PA to California, go to Florida. Then a week or so of silence. Tracking started again when the package got to the local Post Office.

I wish more software would state the next location. Normally states it has left a location, but does not state where it is going. The physical shipment knows where it is going, so why not reflect this in the tracking........

Perhaps it's just the reality of an older system and some poor smuck trying to interface it with the Web pages. Some incompatibility or something.

Much improved status update this morning.

1523025954266.png

(snip) The physical shipment knows where it is going, so why not reflect this in the tracking........

IMHO, the reason is because "destination" wasn't in the specification/system design that the programmer(s) worked to. My frustration is that nobody with a snowballs chance of improving the system will become aware of the issue so "it ain't broken". Is there a "What can we do better?" tab on the USPS site?

Arrived Friday. There's a valid reason for the delay.
We need to tape the h*ll out of the corners and edges gang.
I'll bet as the handling equipment is flopping it around to locate the barcode the edges and corners are taking hits cause it's so heavy.
Also lets do the employees and carriers a favor and affix a bunch of 'Heavy' stickers on the box. They are free at the PO.
Our neighbor is a carrier and she's bringing me some today. I'll stash extras in the box.
Now to grab some coffee and go open this puppy up.

0406181549.jpg

0406181549_HDR.jpg

0406181549a_HDR.jpg

0406181549b_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I see at least one of the "Caution heavy" stickers came off....

Looks like it got some rough treatment this time, good thing the case itself is sturdy and has the "if lost..." label affixed.

One of us needs to make a better and more permanent "If lost" label on that box... With possibly a permanent return address....

Last edited:
One of us needs to make a better and more permanent "If lost" label on that box... With possibly a permanent return address....
hehe - I stuck that 'IF Lost, return label' on it around two years ago, it's held up pretty well I'd say...

It took a hard hit on the conveyors or got dropped. One of the edges it 'nicked' pretty good.
We need to slather this puppy in heavy stickers - make it easier on the handlers. I was talking to our neighbor last night and she was explaining the POs lifting rules to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back