Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
next and got a reply. Will work on getting it out next week. Have to be out this weekend and work so will keep advised.

Hey gang,

Just want to write up a quick set of guidelines for item selection and packing instructions for those of you that are new and also a reminder for those of us who have participated in the past. The rules aren't hard fast - exceptions apply, but try to use the following guidelines when you are packing the box back up:

1) Avoid adding duplicate items. Things like duplicate drill bits, drill chucks and the sort are a good example here.

2) If you find a broken item in the box, please remove it and do not put it back in the box. If you can remember to do so, let people know if you found a broken item.

3) Avoid brittle or delicate items such as stones or carbide tools prone to breakage - UNLESS - you have a good way to protect the item from damage.

4) Avoid soft, flexible items that could be crushed or bent in transit, things like bristle brushes or feeler gages - UNLESS - again, you have a good way to protect the item from damage.

Just want to be clear, I'm not trying to discourage any effort people have put into this project this year - but rather encourage people to take precautions to make the Pass Around Box 2018 group a great success!

There are rules and guidelines at the beginning of the this thread - if you have a chance please take a look at those as well if you have any questions.

Thanks,
vtcnc

All the package is on it's way,
did take out some of the stuff that was damaged and a few items that I could use.
started to take some of the items that were dups or that had been in for a long time out to make room for more new stuff. but did not.
figured a few others could take more out prior to getting it back to Cooter Brown. He wanted it lightened a bit. Now at just over 40 lbs
Will try to get pics off my phone later.

Does anyone know of a way to turn brass flex lap back into a round flex lap after it gets smashed There were a bunch of small ones in the box, That I could use, but they were all bent and smashed up. Can still use the big one with no problems just a little clean up but the small ones are a bit more than just nicks etc.
Also what is the best way to patch a hole in a brass oil can, if I want to use it for say way oil. Will standard lead solder work or do I need something better.

All the package is on it's way,
did take out some of the stuff that was damaged and a few items that I could use.
started to take some of the items that were dups or that had been in for a long time out to make room for more new stuff. but did not.
figured a few others could take more out prior to getting it back to Cooter Brown. He wanted it lightened a bit. Now at just over 40 lbs
Will try to get pics off my phone later.

Does anyone know of a way to turn brass flex lap back into a round flex lap after it gets smashed There were a bunch of small ones in the box, That I could use, but they were all bent and smashed up. Can still use the big one with no problems just a little clean up but the small ones are a bit more than just nicks etc.
Also what is the best way to patch a hole in a brass oil can, if I want to use it for say way oil. Will standard lead solder work or do I need something better.

Damn it sucks to hear those laps got smashed, I’ll make sure to put them in a hard container next time. Fixing that hole should w damn it sucks to hear those labs got smashed, I’ll make sure to put them in a hard container next time. Silver solder should work well fixing that hole if that doesn’t work you can always try JB Weld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back