Pass Around 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on the box. Gage pins were a great take for me. Will deffinately be usefull in the future. On another note i have never used a GTD tap before can someone explain to me how to use one? Box will be shipped tmr right after work. All boxed and labeled ready to go.

image.jpg

Nice haul Brento.

Do you mean that you've never tapped a hole?

GTD, AFAIK, is the mark of Greenfield Tap and Die, a long time maker of . . .

I think he might be talking about a spiral flute tap and thinking that GTD relates to that..... GTD just stands for Greenfield tap and die....

No one of the taps i picked out had a single flute for a metric thread. If i remember corectly i believe that style tap doesnt cut the threads but more or less forms it by moving the material?

On other news the box is on its way.

No one of the taps i picked out had a single flute for a metric thread. If i remember corectly i believe that style tap doesnt cut the threads but more or less forms it by moving the material?

Ohhh you mean the M6 cold forming tap?? The tap on the far right in your pictures?? They are usually used more for power tapping sheet metal.

What drill size would you use for that since that tap isnt like a standard style tap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back