Pass Around 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANK YOU Bryan :congrats: for the box and for coordinating the process.

I have participated in previous years and want to give a few words of advice to current participants.
FORGET about the way YOU handle the box. That is not realistic. Instead, imagine the packaged box will be held overhead and THROWN down multiple flights of concrete or steel stairs. Protect the contents with that image in mind.

There is no point in putting good stuff in and having it arrive all beat up.

Corners and edges need to be prevented from doing damage to other pieces. Breakables have to be packaged in rigid covering. I wrapped every item tightly in multiple layers of newspaper and taped. Use cardboard on particularly pointy/heavy/sharp items. Stuff the voids TIGHT with wadded paper or other dunnage to pad and prevent relative motion. Please don't use Styrofoam peanuts. They get beat to powder and the powder becomes lodged in every hole and crevice.

Your box will commonly weigh approximately 40 pounds. USPS personnel will not handle it with kid gloves.

Good luck.

ITS HERE!!!!!!!
20201017_122754.jpg

here is what I took from the box..... I was seriously just about to buy that same insert tool from ebay thank you for saving me some cash....
20201017_133111.jpg
This is the smallest Indicator stand(pry bar) I have ever seen.....
20201017_133056.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! Is there a tracking spreadsheet for where the box is going? I see in the last threads there would be one in the OP, but don't see one this year.

Cool! Is there a tracking spreadsheet for where the box is going? I see in the last threads there would be one in the OP, but don't see one this year.

I’ll come up with something to show its progress visually...

@Cooter Brown, how did the box do on it’s maiden voyage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So, I posted requesting to be included but how do I know if I am?
Thanks
Aaron

I messaged Flyinfool yesterday.... no reply yet.... The box is fully loaded and ready to get back out on the road.....

EDIT: got the address.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back