Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box arrived today. I should have it back on the road before the end of the week.

I have sent a PM to Subwayrocket, the next name on the list requesting an address.

Last edited:
This is what I took, 2 5C collets, 2 slitting saws, large tap wrench, key stock, card with tap drill size table, piece of M2 HSS.

One old wrench and one slitting saw were broken so I removed them. I also wrapped up some items in paper to cushion and help keep stuff from bouncing around.

Box will be on it's way tomorrow.

pass_around2017.jpg

Judging by the pics, it looks like there "were" some nice items in the box . I looked at every item in the box but it's slim pickings now.
I found nothing I would want or need in the box. :hate:

I added a few nice NOS items and some other things for the people ahead of me .
The box went out this morning .

Box arrived yesterday. All 38+ lbs of it. I'll have it back in circulation Tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

So what are you keeping. Any pictures please.

Ken

Still deciding. Will post when I do.

I removed a neat little indicator, an LED ring light, and a drill grinding attachment.

View attachment 232618

The ring light will go nicely around my mill's spindle. I've been thinking of getting one anyway; this one will give me an excuse to play with my new rotary table (used only once so far) to make a nice bezel for it. A couple of the LEDs are burned out but most work, good enough.
Glad it will work for you. It was just a little too small for mine, despite a description online listing numbers that would have worked. I never even turned it on, so I had no idea any LEDs weren't working. If you have any SMD soldering skill you may be able to repair it?

The Box is back on the road. Found a Tap and a couple of end mills I could use.

Hopefully what I added, someone will find useful.

BTW, for those down the line. I recommend when you go to the Post Office for a Med Sized Priority Mail Box, you pick up more than one. I my case there was enough variations in the boxes such that 2 were too small and the 3rd, barely fit.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
I apologize for the delay; I've been out of town. The box is now on its way to jpfabricator, USPS tracking number 9505 5121 6347 7121 0878 11. I removed a neat little indicator, an LED ring light, and a drill grinding attachment.

View attachment 232618

The ring light will go nicely around my mill's spindle. I've been thinking of getting one anyway; this one will give me an excuse to play with my new rotary table (used only once so far) to make a nice bezel for it. A couple of the LEDs are burned out but most work, good enough.

I debated the drill grinder, but I couldn't get it to fit back in the box, so I kept it and found something else small to add.

The indicator is interesting. 110 years old, a predecessor, I guess, of the modern DTI. It didn't work at first, but I took it apart (it has a beautifully fitted dovetail cover to access the innards) and bent the pointer until it worked again. Probably not really useful in a modern shop unless needed to measure something in a really tight space, but checked against a modern indicator, it's accurate. It's dual purpose, it workes as a plunger type indicator on the left side and a side lever on the right side. But the really cool part, for me, is that it was made in Nyack, NY, the town I was born in, and I grew up in West Nyack.

View attachment 232619

View attachment 232620

I am glad the indicator found its new owner!
I found it in a battered Gerstner tool box I picked up off Craigslist in RI I think it belonged to a watchmaker/ repairer judging by the contents, I thought twice about putting it in but I have not used it since I found it and I thought it would be an interesting find for someone else.
My goal was with this and the other items I put in, was to exceed the "value" not necessarily $$$'s of what I took out. I would like to propose this as the goal of anyone adding their name to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back