Pass Around 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terry, please sign me up again. This is a fun thing we have going here !
Will do, but it will be next weekend before I can do so. Currently on the road for the week and editing the Google spreadsheet from my phone is klunky at best.

FLguy, I have put you on the spreadsheet but do not have any information on what machines you have. If you want it added just put it here and I will transfer it to the spreadsheet.

Gas & TIG welder. 2 lathes; one small, other medium size. 2 drill presses. Dake 10 ton press. small sheet metal brake. 2 band saws;1 is horizontal. Grizzly mill. Blast cabinet. DRO's on mill and both lathes. 150 power microscope which is great for seeing those slivers. A lot of support tooling for the above. Wish I had the room for a surface grinder and maybe a Tool/cutter grinder. Like so many here say; ya can't have to many machines and tools. It's so much fun to build your own tools and yes I've built a lot of machines. Darn good fun !!

Finally!
I picked up the box at the PO on 13 October. I wasn't in a hurry to turn it around since it's being retired for the rest of 2017 but I didn't expect to have it for 5 weeks. Oh well.
After I had all the contents out, I decided to trial fit the aluminum case (AC) into a fresh box . . . . NO GO.
After much consideration, and dressing down of weld beads, I employed a special tool (measuring tape) and found the AC was at least 1/8" wider than the rated capacity of the box.
After much more consideration I decided to "fix" the AC and decided how to go about it. I'm not set up to weld aluminum so had to take it to a professional. I didn't take any pictures of the modification process (my bad) and think there's nothing to be gained by a description in text. Suffice it to say that the AC is whole again and now slips comfortably (like it was made for it) into the appropriate size MFRB.

The case is repacked, boxed and I'll mail it Monday or Tuesday. I accidentally left the Log Book and another small pack of tools out, but NO WAY I was going to open that case again, so I'll mail them in another envelope.

Following are pictures of what I kept.

pa2017 burrs.jpg
1/2" U-joint and 2 carbide burrs (router bits for fiberglass I think).

PA2017 calc1.jpg
RobbJack Speed Feed calculator, side 1

PA2017 calc2.jpg
RobbJack Speed Feed calculator, side 2

PA2017 cbore.jpg
Metric thread restorer file, counterbore, boring bar

PA2017 rifflers.jpg
Very course rifflers (for wood?)

PA2017 screws.jpg
Assorted fasteners

PA2017 tipnip.jpg
MIG torch tip cleaner and 1/4-20 transfer screw set

PA2017 wrenches.jpg
Box wrenches

PA2017 PW1.jpg
I think it's a vintage thread gage (16 TPI) but I'm not certain and intend to start a thread to ID it.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, sorry to hear that you had difficulty fitting the box into a shipping carton. As others have said, their quality control on the cartons must be suffering. The good news is that there should not be so much trouble for participants in the future.

I sent the box and Log Book to autonos this evening. Expected delivery on Friday 11/24.

Happy Holidays to all.

ok....put me in for 2018. I'll try this again.

Machines I have are: Homier 7 x 16 lathe, G0705 equivalent Mill/Drill, Walker Turner 15" Drill Press with X-Y table.

I know I'm new on this site but I absolutly need to get in line for 2018 I have a ton of useful and very strange stuff to pack that box with.

I have a 1960 Bridgeport J-Head, Burke #2 horizontal mill, 2 1940s South Bend Heavy 10 Lathes, Boyar Schultz 6x12 surface grinder, Wells Wellsaw model 600, Kalamazoo 14" chop saw, and an Atlas 7b shaper.

I'd like to be added to the list also...

I have a South Bend 14 1/2 lathe and an Enco 9x49 knee mill.

Thanks!
-Bear

Bill, Cooter, and Bear, you've all been added to the 2018 pass around list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back