Pass Around 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the arrival notice returned, pm the address & phone number in answer to
the arrival notice, and note send - on date ( not strict) .......BLJHB
See above--the phone number should go out with the PM ,which, upon notice
of arrival goes out to the party with the BOX in hand who is going to send it on
to the next listed receiver........ This is to limit broadcast of personal information
Best I can think of here and now...........BLJHB.

OK here's a redo. Hows this?

1. The box is always the USPS midsize box $12.85. This is a flat rate box so weight does not matter. No anvils please.
2. The guy who came up with this idea is the chief list keeper and has the final say in any dispute.
3.When a box arrives, you have one week (seven days) to subtract what you want and add the same number of items or something of equal value.
4. When you are ready to ship the box to the next guy send a notice to the thread and the list keeper will send a PM with the next guys info. That way no one knows the whole list.
5. If you have a question send it to the thread and the list keeper will answer.
6. If there is nothing in the box that turns you on you may still add something if you wish.
7. There may be more than one box if someone wants to start another one. Same rules apply but the chief list keeper must be notified.
8. A copy of these rules should stay with the box.

from watching this thread lately I have decided to remove myself from the list. good luck everyone.

OK here's a redo. Hows this?

1. The box is always the USPS midsize box $12.85. This is a flat rate box so weight does not matter. No anvils please.
2. The guy who came up with this idea is the chief list keeper and has the final say in any dispute.
3.When a box arrives, you have one week (seven days) to subtract what you want and add the same number of items or something of equal value.
4. When you are ready to ship the box to the next guy send a notice to the thread and the list keeper will send a PM with the next guys info. That way no one knows the whole list.
5. If you have a question send it to the thread and the list keeper will answer.
6. If there is nothing in the box that turns you on you may still add something if you wish.
7. There may be more than one box if someone wants to start another one. Same rules apply but the chief list keeper must be notified.
8. A copy of these rules should stay with the box.

Clockmaster I appreciate your efforts, but there is already a rules list that covers this in the first post. The only thing we are trying to decide now is if we want a second box or when to stop this one and start another. There is a link to everyone on the list in the first post and that is where the member with the box woll get the members name in line to receive the box. If the person for some reason cannot get to the limk they can post here and I will give them the next members name.

At this point we have 26 people on the list, with myself and Liberal Arts on twice, since we both sent a box, which is around a six month time frame. This will be the max members for this round. When this round is over we will begin another if members are interested. So if you are not on the list please wait for the next round. Obviously I am referring only to this thread and anyone can start another, but I ask you do it with another thread to not add to anymore confusion. We got off on a rocky start with the actions of one of the participants, but things hopefully will go a little smoother.

Wife tells me that a heavy box arrived on Wednesday. I got home tonight and sure enough, there it was. It's a little late in the evening to delve into the contents right now, but I will have a look tomorrow when I get back home again. I have updated the spreadsheet with the arrival date.

Okay, I finally got to looking at the box and it has been heavily shrink wrapped as the contents of the box were trying to poke their way out through the cardboard. A wooden box inside is a definite must and I am in the process of obtaining the materials to make a new wooden inner box. Should get it done sometime this weekend. One thing to be aware of: There are two different medium flat rate boxes available from the post office. Judging from the photos in an earlier post, the first box sent out by autonoz was the smaller of the two, the one sent out by Liberal Arts was the larger. So, I will make this box to fit the larger of the two medium flat rate boxes. I just wanted to let everyone know about the difference so that future recipients will be sure to pick up the right one from their post office. If you order your box online, the correct box is referred to as "Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box -2" and it is 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" x 13 5/8". Oops, we are machinists here. The dimensions are 11.875" x 3.375" x 13.625"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back