Pay Attention, No Distractions Please.

FLguy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I was finishing cutting dovetails for a tangential toolholder to fit a QCTP. A pending trip popped into my mind just when I was taking my final cut, ##!!. Oversized it. I'm still upset with my self and at my age I ought to know, always have a one track mind for only what your machining. Well being retired a guess I have time for a due-over.

I can sympathize.
Hold on to the part....you'll find a use for it someday.
-brino

Too small for an anchor!

Make two at the same time this tone if they both make it so the way to finish I'll take one. I've been wanting one myself & would even give you one of my stories for it. Lol

Can you just oversize it a bit more & make a shim to weld in it?

Make two at the same time this tone if they both make it so the way to finish I'll take one. I've been wanting one myself & would even give you one of my stories for it. Lol

Can you just oversize it a bit more & make a shim to weld in it?
Ah,yes but the 2nd one is fine. I may dig the first one out from the odds and ends bin and do just that. Thanks

Do you have a MIG welder or a friend who does? Just weld up the dovetails on each side and remachine the dovetail. I’ve goofed up one or two tool holders in my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machine a piece to fit the bad dovetail and silver solder it in place and remachine

If you haven't scrapped anything before this , consider yerself lucky ! :black eye: We scrap and break things daily , that's what keeps me in my job ! Sorry to hear about the holder but it's the nature of the trade ………." it's easier to take material off than to put it back on " :)

Back