PEC Tools?

HarryJM

Registered
Registered
I was doing some research for a machinist square and stumbled across PEC Tools. I then found a ebay seller, taylowtoolworksllc, that sells cosmetic second PEC tools. So does anyone have experience with PEC Tools?

I have various PEC Tools. They're not Starrett (USA) quality but great bang for the buck. I have purchased a few of them from Taylor Tool Works but I mostly got them from my local Travers. Also check Amazon, sometimes it's cheaper shipped, same seller. Also check Harry J Epstein, they usually sell "seconds" for cheaper.

I've got things like edge finders, hook scales, sheet metal gauge, thread pitch gauges, maybe more I forget. Been happy with all of them & all made in the USA.

BTW, the "seconds" squares that HJE & TTW sells usually have the PEC name ground off of them. Just mentioning if it matters to you. Some people have not been happy about that but IIRC they do specifiy that now.

Bought a 24" combination square for wood working from TTW on ebay. They are seconds but I can barely see the reason why. Functionally, they are just fine and work well, at a cost far below my Bridge City stuff.

I have the PEC combination square with protractor and center head from HJE. I could only find one small area that looked like it had been polished with very fine steel wool. about the size of a pencil eraser. The square is of excellent quality and worth the price.

Roy

I have an assortment of PEC tools I got from HJE. They have all been very good quality, in my opinion, and are sold quite reasonably from HJE. I prefer to get high quality used vintage tools, but when a job needs to be finished, I go for the HJE PEC tools, if available.

I bought my EZ-View DRO setup for my mill from Taylor Tool Works . Will definitely buy from them again.

I've got a handful of things from Taylor tool works, they are all top quality! They are dozens times better than anything Asian, and almost-but-not-quite equal to new starrett for 1/10th the price.

I'd reccomend them all day long! I have a combo square, some scales, some adjustable squares, and a Machinist square from them.

Back