Pen/pencil Holder

Very nice, but, if I may nitpick a bit, I think .45. I'm from New England and happen to think that the Colt .45 (many versions) is pretty good.

Besides, I was a tank crewman armed with the M1911A1 .45 AND a .45 submachine gun that took the same round. (What a lucky guy - I had to carry two weapons.)

Think about it:

"Bad news, sheriff. They're facin' off at noon with their .375s."

Doesn't really work, does it?

Besides, a .45 caliber stand could hold markers.

Nice work. I'm sure she'd have bought it, if she saw it for sale.

Best of all, her Dad thought of it and built it with his own hands (tools) just for her. Priceless.

It's things like this that make me wish LASER engravers were as common as inkjet printers. A dated inscription would be wonderful.

That holder is cool, she's gonna love it!

The 30 cal pen/pencil set is neat as hell too.

My daughter spent most f her Saturday getting her home office sit up, but she did take time to send me this pix.

The reason I went with .375 holes is that 1.5" round stock was all I had available at the time. I played around with my bolt hole pattern program to determine the spacing/diameter of the holes & 3/8" worked out just right.

I didn't video this build but probably will as soon as I get some more raw material. I promised her however that any mor I make will have some subtle difference & her's would be unique.

ec21bdd335270cec3220925335da0e14.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back