Percolator

Bill L.

Active User
Registered
I was making coffee this morning in my 40 year old GE percolator and it occurred to me that I was the only one I know that still uses one.Every one else I know has a drip pot. Any one else use one?
Bill L.

I drink percolated coffee at various places I visit, but at home I brew in a Tassimo machine. In general, I don't care for the flavor of perc coffee. The re-brewing of coffee through the grounds seems to bring out the acid, to me anyway.

I still use my old stovetop perculator in the shed during winter as I have a Meters No 5 woodstove to keep me warm when the temp drops to 15C or less. Runs on wood lathe mistakes that I save over summer:biggrin:. It is a lot better than the crap they now have and the coffee tastes way better. Must be the wood smoke or something. :drool:
Pete

Re:The Coffee Used

The perculator brings back memories of the coffee my mother made. Perculated until it almost could not drip through the grounds. Not a particularly good memory. I now use the modern one-time-through the grounds coffee maker but am particular about the brand of coffee used. The wife and I got to favor the "New England" brand of coffee while living on the east coast a few years ago. Since then Hobby Machinist member Charley Davidson intorduced me to a new brand at a local book store, Hastings Coffee Cafe, where we often meet. My new favorite coffee brand is now the Hastings store brand "Hardback". I'm having my second one today as I write this.

Benny

OK perc guys.....I want to know if this saying is a regional thing, a military things or what. A place I wored use a large percolator and always more than on pot a day, despite it being rather large. The second, and sometimes the third pot were "half-soled". Sound familiar to anyone? Know what it means?

Back