Phase convertors?

I have a small autostart homebuilt RPC (2 hp) on my 1 hp Index mill. It works very well. I am not an electrician but, I worked in the electrical supply industry for a number of years. Selling the parts and pieces, I am familiar with the uses of the various wiring and controls. Most of my RPC information was gathered from various forums which was most helpful. It is easy to balance the load lines with capacitors by trial of various sizes of capacitors. You have to balance with the load running because it changes at idle (no load). With a note on noise - once started you don't pay any attention to it, especially after you start the load. Larger hp may be a little louder than my 2 hp. My neighbor has a 6 hp. You can build a balanced RPC for $100 (more or less) depending on the sources of your parts. All of my components came from a local scrap metal yard (cheap). Motors, relays, contactors, fuses & fuse blocks, capacitors, enclosure boxes, wire, indicator lights, switches & other misc. You can do it! It works!

Hi. I'm only 40 minutes from you. I run 2-mills, a lathe and a 1 ton overhead hoist on a homemade 5 HP RPC. Drop in and have a look if you wish. E-Mail, joconnor@nb.aibn.com.

Back