Photos of my Rusnok Type 80 milling machine

Matthew Gregory

Active User
Registered
I purchased this from my uncle approximately a year ago, with the XY table and the Palmgren 325 vise. He purchased it from a Mr. Lyndon W. Burch of Boston Massachusetts. It's in fantastic shape, as you can see from the photos. I've purchased a new set of jaws for the vise, however I haven't bothered to mount them yet, as the set that are installed still have plenty of life in them. I have an owner's manual, but there is a sore lacking of information on these nifty little machines.

Comments welcome!

DSC_2972-X2.jpg

_DSC3009-L.jpg

_DSC2980-L.jpg

_DSC2981-L.jpg

_DSC2982-L.jpg

RusnokPalmgren-L.jpg

Couldn't help myself on this one... kind of a nifty art shot of the Rusnok belt guard/head...
_DSC2991-X2.jpg

Looks like a sturdy lil critter. Is that a knuckle joint at the back that allows the head to swing to an angle? The big head makes it look top-heavy.

Wow Matthew!

That's an awesome unit, and those are some cool photos too! I love the contrasts wide BW photo of the belt housing! I am a photographer by trade, and a big Rusnok geek to boot!

Have you joined my Rusnok Yahoo Group? Lots of info and literature there if you are interested. Rusnok owners are apparently a quiet group, besides myself and a few others, but lots of info just the same..

Thanks for posting!

Bernie

Looks like a sturdy lil critter. Is that a knuckle joint at the back that allows the head to swing to an angle? The big head makes it look top-heavy.

Yup, but the head weighs nothing compared to the base, especially with the XY table on it. Base has to weigh 175 without the table or vise.

nice! looks like somebody needs a new low profile vice. :)

fyi they are still supported by Electro Mechano out of Miwaukee.

http://www.electro-mechano.com/products.html

Ha! I've got the head cranked way down in the photo.
Not that a lo-pro vise wouldn't be cool... : )

Wow Matthew!

That's an awesome unit, and those are some cool photos too! I love the contrasts wide BW photo of the belt housing! I am a photographer by trade, and a big Rusnok geek to boot!

Have you joined my Rusnok Yahoo Group? Lots of info and literature there if you are interested. Rusnok owners are apparently a quiet group, besides myself and a few others, but lots of info just the same..

Thanks for posting!

Bernie

Photography is a hobby for me. I must admit, these shots were taken off the cuff,many they look like it.

Yes, I am a member of your Yahoo group, but I'll admit to having spent next to no time there. My previous job allowed me NO time for fun stuff, and I've barely touched this mill since I got it. Any help learning the in's and out's of this will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Congrats, Matthew, a very nice machine!
And my praises to your uncle and to Mr. Lyndon W. Burch of Boston, MA for having kept it in a very good state.
I'm sure wifey would love such a mill… but the only Rusnok I found tonight on fleaBay is the author of some German language schoolbooks :-(

Congrats, Matthew, a very nice machine!
And my praises to your uncle and to Mr. Lyndon W. Burch of Boston, MA for having kept it in a very good state.
I'm sure wifey would love such a mill… but the only Rusnok I found tonight on fleaBay is the author of some German language schoolbooks :-(

Looks like it is in great condition . . . ENJOY

Their factory nomenclature is confusing... I'm pretty certain mine is a Model 850, as I suspect that the head is the 'Model 80' portion, and the rest of the body, etc. complete the '850' equation. Could be I'm completely full of it. Dunno.

Edit: Hysterical.

Just looked at the new company documentation and sure enough, that's how it is. How did I miss that before...?

Back