Picked this Logan up today

Looks really good Shaun, It's taking me a lot longer than you, but I'm working on it. have most of it cleaned up and painted, There's some pretty bad wear on the bed close to the head stock, not sure if it's something for me to be concerned about for what I'll be using it for or not. I know it would cost a lot more than I have to re-grind it. Not sure what I'll do at this point, the bearing in the headstock are good & tight, all of the gears are in great shape, everything really is in great shape except the wear on the bed. We'll see. Anyway, you've done a great job on yours, Thanks for all the posts.

Dwayne

really nice job on the lathe!!!
i love the production tailstock turret VERY COOL!
you'll have a lot of fun makin' chips with her!

Finally finished the backing plate for the new 6" chuck and I finally had an opportunity to purchase a standard tailstock. It had a live center in it and it works great. Will need to clean, paint and fine tune it though. Now I can start making real chips.

logan tailstock.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed the size of the compound dial....that thing is HUGE! That'll really be nice to use.

Very nice! I'm glad you finally were able to locate your tailstock. I hope you still have all your arms and legs! :))

Just noticed the size of the compound dial....that thing is HUGE! That'll really be nice to use.

It must have been an add on. It slips over the small dials and then a set screw keeps them in place.

Very nice! I'm glad you finally were able to locate your tailstock. I hope you still have all your arms and legs! :))

It was reasonable I guess considering the other 11" I was trying to get was 50.00 more. Considering what I have in this lathe it was well worth it to have it complete. I sold the original 8" chuck and purchased the 6" chuck for the same price, so not out anything there.

Back