Picked up a box of tooling, not sure what everything is?

slow-poke

Registered
Registered
I picked up a box of tooling, lots and lots of taps, drill bits and end mills. Some junk also included and some that I'm not sure about?

1) Looks like the first one on top is just an end mill that snapped it's shaft?
2) What are the large diameter lopped off conical shaped tools?
3) Not sure what the 3x skinny shaft things are?
4) Looks to be a diamond de burring tool I guess?
5) Weird profile on this milling bit, not sure what it;s used for?
6) Looks to be a boring bar
7) Box of what look to be cut off tools, but no arbor to hold them?

IMG_0116.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    338.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    329.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    378.7 KB · Views: 39
Couple end mills , a boring bar , arbor cutters , and possibly a reverse counter sinking cutter set up . Maybe a borzon cutter . THey all look to be specialized tools for a production job .

The weird profile milling bit might be a porting tool. I believe they are used to cut a fitting. Like a brass fitting or maybe a hydraulic fitting. Just a form tool.
Oh the 3 skinny things look like die ejector pins.
Joe

I think that the conical cutters and many of the items in the red cardboard box have all been resharpened so many times that they are used up. Their original profiles may have been quite different.

Plus, the 3-tooth cutter in the cardboard box appears to be for a woodworking shaper.

Craig

The weird profile milling bit might be a porting tool. I believe they are used to cut a fitting. Like a brass fitting or maybe a hydraulic fitting. Just a form tool.
Oh the 3 skinny things look like die ejector pins.
Joe
That makes sense, the tip is a miniature end mill that would make the port for the fluid.

Considering all the oddball stuff in this collection, I will be more selective with future grab bag purchases, bit of a pig in a poke situation with the Starrett stuff on top;-)

The majority of the cutters in the box are for a small horizontal milling machine. Looks like about a 3/4" arbor, give or take. Might be keyway or woodruff slot cutters.

Back