Picked up my logan 9" today

I paid the full 1000$. I told the guy, and I still believe, that 1000$ was a fair deal, assuming there was nothing wrong with it. I still haven't found anything wrong with it, though I haven't used it very much yet. From observing the trend of sale prices of comparable lathes in my area, I think that lathe could sell for 1500 or more. I'm happy with it, though I can't afford any tooling to use the thing until next month.

before you lose your mind over readings of the spindle itself, make a 12" test bar (you can use 1018 CRS), search online for lathe testing, lathe test bar, lathe dialing. if the 12" test bar comes out parallel and with a decent finish (as it should) then I wouldn't worry about all these initial readings much.

before you lose your mind over readings of the spindle itself, make a 12" test bar (you can use 1018 CRS), search online for lathe testing, lathe test bar, lathe dialing. if the 12" test bar comes out parallel and with a decent finish (as it should) then I wouldn't worry about all these initial readings much.
Will do. I will post the results when I do.

And That is the end of that ??
How did this lathe work out?

Actually I still haven't done this test. I wanted to do it with a 3 jaw chuck and I just now got my 3jaw. Haven't even finished the back plate.

Yeah, I have a 3 jaw and a back plate, never finished it either.
I am a little unsure how to go about it.
Thanks,
Tony

Back