Picking Up A New G0704 Tomorrow

johnlesar

Registered
Registered
Driving to Grizzly's Muncy PA store tomorrow to pick up a G0704 and a 3 axis DRO. I have already found some useful info in this forum.
I downloaded the manual and it shows anchoring the base to the floor or using leveling pads. Any advise on this would be helpful.
Thanks, John

Congratulations!!

I am new to this and recently got one of those as well... I just made sure that the floor was leveled, drilled, drop the anchor, and bolted away... There was really not much more to it...

bucket.com%2Falbums%2Fs144%2Fwachuko%2FGarage%2Faeccb596-cd86-477a-bd6f-0ef54c371829_zpswa04hdbb.jpg

That will most likely be my next purchase. I have to straighten up my garage to make room for it first. I've been researching different mills, and I keep coming back to the 704 for some reason.

That will most likely be my next purchase. I have to straighten up my garage to make room for it first. I've been researching different mills, and I keep coming back to the 704 for some reason.

You should also consider the PM-25MV ... I am new to all this and went with the G0704. But if I had done my research better, I would had gone with the PM-25MV. If only for the belt drive and motor that it has... the rest of the machine is pretty much the same as the G0704. Researching, I can't do the belt modification and motor for the 300.00 price difference... just a thought.

In my case, does not matter now... :)

I have a similar mill, a bf-20 clone made by king industrial. I currently don't have it bolted to the concrete floor in my shop. This can cause a lot of vibration and has caused the set screw that holds the digital readout on the quill to vibrate right out. I recommend to bolt it down ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back