• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Picture is worth thousand words.

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Wow, that is beautiful! And some fine craftsmanship there! Thank you for sharing.

fgduncan

Active User
A truly beautiful example of fine craftsmanship. Outstanding! Awesome! I just learned how to hand make a 4 cube turners cube which I felt made me somewhat competent on the lathe. Then I see something like this and wonder if I might need to take up gardening or basket weaving. Naw.

TTD

And here I was patting myself on the back recently for finally getting the hang of single point threading...o_O

Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship, sir!:cool:

Terry Worm

Banned
Banned
Beautiful work, Sig. I would love to see a video of it running, but I suspect that this one is meant to be for static display only, correct?

higgite

General Manger - Proofreading Dept.
Yeah, but I bet you can't do this. (As I play "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" with armpit farts.) :D

Seriously, that is an awesome display of craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tom

brav65

Active User
Wow! Now I can never post picks of my work as I could never creat something as beautiful as that in metal. I have build some nice things in wood but metal is a whole mother world. My shop is also not suitable for viewing either. Thank you for giving me something to aspire to!

sigp2101

Thanks for kind words guys, this pictorial wasn't meant to be show off but more like instructional or tutorial for one of the European models building club 5 years ago.
What I was tying to demonstrate here is different tooling, different setups possibilities and capacity of small machining tools. Something I always wanted that someone show me when I started with this hobby long time ago.
This display model actually runs on compressed air or it could actually be hooked to another model steam boiler to run it.

Guv

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
What a craftsman,truly magnificent workmanship. Thank you for posting these wonderful and clear pictures.

Willy aka Guv

dennis

Great photos that tell a great story. Beautiful engine and great craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing.

grusso5

Iron
Registered Member
WOW! Truly amazing. Hopefully you are planning to post a few photos of your next project.

[6]
[5] [7]