Pictures of the PM-833T

I used 14 gauge steel to make a chip tray. Made a template for cutting the corners (which still wasn't quite right) and used an angle grinder and cutoff wheel to make those cuts. I also scored along my bend line because the brake that I was using was rated for up to 16 gauge, and this 14 gauge was going to need some serious gronk to get it to bend. I decided to make my life a tad easier with the score line.

I also welded some short pieces of tubing around the mounting holes to make it drip proof. I plan on using a mister vs flood cooling, but I still wanted to make sure that any liquid would not leak out around the mounting bolts (which are 1/2 dia BTW) and ruin my cabinet underneath.

20171227_102407.jpg

20171227_102417.jpg

20171228_085740.jpg

Oops. Not sure how these guys sneaked in there.
Dark one is ours. The other two are our daughter and future son-in-law's. The one on the right was a rescue dog. Man I love that little guy. I think he was abused, but now all he wants is to be petted and loved.

20171219_115300.jpg

20171219_115445.jpg

Here you can see the tubing around the mounting holes. This picture was taken while I was getting the mill on the stand. Had to get creative to get the engine hoist in a position so that I could get the mill centered on the stand.

20171228_192718.jpg

20171228_192727.jpg

Some shots of completed setup. Actually, have the tool storage to do yet, so it is not 100% done. The tool cabinet will probably take me a while to build. I was going to run over to the sawmill today but completely forgot until it was too late. Grrrrr.

Last picture is the mill's first project which is a mixing block for the coolant and air. Got the plans from one of our members on here.

20171228_204159.jpg

20171229_165638.jpg

20180116_135341.jpg

20180116_135352.jpg

In the coming years, you are going to appreciate that one-shot oiler. :)

The quality/fit/finish on that mill appears to be very nice. Should last for years.

I would suggest sending Matt/tech support a email asking if/how other customers solved the spindle lock problem. I managed to find a wrench that fit over the spline from someone here IIRC. If you write down the dimensions I bet someone here has one of those laser/water gizmos that cut plate metal. They could whip you one out in no time. :)

And a big thanks for all the pics. Love 'em. :D

That looks like a very nice machine. I have had my eye on one. Great work on the stand. Please keep this thread updated with your review of this tool.
Robert

Shot of the motor and the spindle. The cap on top is cast iron. Rather surprised as most that I have seen on other "benchtop" mills are plastic. At 900+ lbs though, to me this is just at the ragged end of benchtop.

One of the things I have not figured out yet is how to hold the spindle when tightening or loosening the drawbar. I figured there would be a wrench to fit over the splines or something, but no wrenches came with the mill at all. So, I know I am a noob, but the only way I can change out collets is to put the mill in the lowest gear and then I can tighten or loosen the drawbar. Flustered

With that nice mill make yourself one:big grin:

Back