Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

stioc

Registered
Registered
The finished address sign:
40265107455_dd6c1a1671_z.jpg

Also made a collet rack this past weekend, this was a test of doing multiple operations in one g-code file utilizing different tools (center drill, 1/4" end mill, 1/16" ball end mill for engraving) :
40631179134_91bdf15d78_c.jpg

Groundhog

Registered
Registered
I like your address sign.
Mine is ceramic with the numbers made up of flowers - it came with the house. Not exactly my style.
So, I've decided to copy your design and make one for myself.

stioc

Registered
Registered
LOL, that's exactly how mine was too and came with the house as well- beige ceramic tile pieces, brown numbers and red flowers. By all means, copy away! :encourage:

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
In 2006 I purchased my first lathe and mill from Harbor Freight with no idea how to use them
since then I have built (converted to cnc ) all of my cnc equipment from scratch not kits and have a lot I'd like to show...
I have photographs of my small cnc machines building parts for View attachment 96266 View attachment 96267 View attachment 96268 View attachment 96269 View attachment 96270 View attachment 96271 View attachment 96273 my larger ones but here are a few examples of some nice parts I have made
I don't wish to flood the thread but I have a lot more if there is interest.
Another guy making the rest of us look bad. Nice, it looks STUNNING Jumps4

MontanaAardvark

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Also made a collet rack this past weekend, this was a test of doing multiple operations in one g-code file utilizing different tools (center drill, 1/4" end mill, 1/16" ball end mill for engraving) :

Did you cut the holes for the collets with the 1/4" end mill cutting circular interpolation or use big cutter, like a boring head or something?

(good to see this thread active again)

stioc

Registered
Registered
@Bob - yes 1/4" end mill that plunged where I pre-drilled the holes, then did a contour to make the round holes. I have a detailed post on this project in my RF30 build thread in this section.

MontanaAardvark

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I'm not completely Done done with it, but the first part for my Duclos flame eater engine is off the mill and into "finish work". There are some cosmetic defects that need a little help with files or sanding drums or something.

FirstPart.JPG

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock