Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

4 bolt compound slide mount for my 9x20 lathe. More info and pics in my RF30 CNC conversion thread:

40435934840_be86384994.jpg

27372729777_dd21fff26c.jpg

40435932910_c89de311cd.jpg
[/url]

Comparison old vs. new:
42243556611_91a6fb8a0f.jpg

41342249815_a2f39ab35c.jpg

^ I like them! Do you have a thread on the engine you're working on?

^ I like them! Do you have a thread on the engine you're working on?

No, but I should. I'm pretty early in the process of building a flame eater from the Shop Wisdom of Philip Duclos. I'm still on the second part (the cylinder).

To be honest, it's a reach for me. Lots to learn.

Here is a short video of my son finishing a few parts on the Haas. He has been pushing the envelope in high speed machining. These parts were roughed out in about 5 minutes, 6061 T6 aluminum, full 1/2 inch dept of cut, 6000 RPM, 3/8 aluminum roughing end mill, about 125 IPM. He ran 2 pallets of these and cut one with a standard off-the-shelf aluminum rougher, and the other with a experimental Onsrud rougher. The standard rougher won that contest. The Onsrud rougher loaded up and used twice the HP of the standard rougher. So back to the drawing board on that one, those will be going back to Onsrud to see what their lab has to say.

The finishing is being done with a 9 flute (yes, nine flute), 3/8 endmill, 6000 RPM, 217 IPM, 0.010 cut width, 1/2 DOC. These endmills were custom designed and by built Onsrud for this application. I think there are only three of them in existence. The surface finish at that speed was marginal, at 120 IPM the finish was good, I think we need more spindle speed. My son is working with a local tooling rep to experiment with extreme high speed machining.

I made a tool for changing something or other on an old car a friend is working on. No one makes tools for it anymore and they had to draw up what they needed based on measurements on the car. I don't really know what it does, but he said it works. It is made out of 6061 aluminum, the turning was done on a lathe and then the rest was milled on my PM25. The tab on the side doesn't need to hold much weight, so a small notch was cut and the tab was epoxied on.

VnopVyc.jpg

n8kf8q1.jpg

fbmOfs2.jpg

Back