Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

Is the general term for that a castle nut wrench?
That's what I thought, but I was told it isn't a wrench. It is more like a jig or a fixture to hold the whole assembly together to get it into and out of the car. I think the teeth are just for aligning everything. I really couldn't say for sure though...

That's what I thought, but I was told it isn't a wrench. It is more like a jig or a fixture to hold the whole assembly together to get it into and out of the car. I think the teeth are just for aligning everything. I really couldn't say for sure though...

Thanks. It's pretty nice looking and a cool tool. I'm just trying to learn everything I can.

Completed the cylinder for my Duclos Flame Eater Engine. Combination of turning on the (non-CNC) big lathe, and milling on my CNC Griz G0704

Finished_1st.JPG

I milled it with the pedestal in place (it's the first part you make), as a way to automagically align that hole in the pedestal and the flat I made on the cylinder.

Handheld2.JPG

A little better look at it, the overall size and appearance.

My son made chips yesterday. :grin:

Needed to slab 1/4 inch off of some 1.5x1.5 6061 bar stock, so he decided to see what the end mill below would do. It's a 1.25 or a 1.5 diameter, I forget which. 100 in/min, 6000 rpm, 0.200 depth of cut, and 0.500 step over, using a trochoidal milling pattern. The spindle load meter never went over 30%

1530074406131.png

We didn't get a video of the process, but here is a video that explains trochoidal milling if you're not familiar with it.

Very cool. If he gets brave he can push it a heck of a lot faster than that. At those DOC and WOC you could try running at 5500 RPM and 259in/min (.009 ipt). Any VCM should have the power to push thru that assuming it's clamped well ;)

I made a motor mount for a 2 HP servo motor for my spindle, a Nema 34 stepper mount, a set of mitee bites talon soft jaws and clamps and stepper encoder mounts.

bfWcWhN.jpg

iMzA2nr.jpg

UKY8feR.jpg

l8Iww42.jpg

n9VAHdk.jpg

PkdSS1b.jpg

VHf7utF.jpg

I made a motor mount for a 2 HP servo motor for my spindle, a Nema 34 stepper mount, a set of mitee bites talon soft jaws and clamps and stepper encoder mounts.

UKY8feR.jpg
Not to hijack this picture thread, but I'm in the planning stages of switching to an AC servo for a spindle motor. Currently have a 2ph induction that is too big to fit a standard air cylinder on the head. PM please if you have a few minutes to discuss.

Thanks,
Ralph

Hello everyone! My name is Ivan. I'm new to this forum, but metalworking is my hobby for the last 12 years.
I've built CNC Lathe recently and make these metal puzzles that every chipmaker knows.
2.5" - 63mm ball, seven levels totally
b2p5_3.jpgB2p5.JPGb2p5_2.jpg
b2p5_5.jpg
b2p5_6.jpg

Back