Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

Sweet! 10 places?

You ought to consider making a video of it in action. A couple of changes is plenty. It looks like instead of being at the end of the table and permanently located there, it's attached to the mill's headstock. That would mean instead of slewing the table over to grab the tool, the tool changer slews over to the spindle for the change. Probably faster.

Interesting!

Fantastic. Im in the early stages of brainstorming an ATC myself. Any details & photos you'd care to share would be very welcome - and probably not just by me.

Sweet! 10 places?

You ought to consider making a video of it in action. A couple of changes is plenty. It looks like instead of being at the end of the table and permanently located there, it's attached to the mill's headstock. That would mean instead of slewing the table over to grab the tool, the tool changer slews over to the spindle for the change. Probably faster.

Interesting!
Yes, 10 tool slots. It is an umbrella style changer which isn't a new design (as much as I wish I could take credit for it). It is actually mounted to the column rather than the head, so it is up there at a fixed height. I imagine it is faster than a table style changer, simply because it doesn't require the table movement or the machine to retract fully, come all the way back down, retract fully again, then start cutting.

Here is a video of it just testing the motion of the changer. It uses an air cylinder to position it under the spindle and a stepper motor to rotate to the correct tool. I am still working on the programming. The hangup at the moment is getting LinuxCNC to communicate with the arduino I am using to control the changer.

Fantastic. Im in the early stages of brainstorming an ATC myself. Any details & photos you'd care to share would be very welcome - and probably not just by me.

I have a good deal of documentation and photos in my PM-25 thread here, as well as the video posted above. https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/new-pm-25mv-mill.65939/

I made a little tube holder for keeping things compact and organized at work. There is a little error where for some reason that is not known to me, the machine Y zero got bumped by about .5". It is also the first time I tried engraving and I think it went pretty well. I think the surface finish could be better, but overall I am happy with it.

rk0qX11.jpg

V1ecpRA.jpg

This is a little mount for an air solenoid for the air blast chip clearing. I use air blast when I am cutting deep holes and the mist won't clear them well enough. It mounts to the hole where the quill handle used to be.

2ZlTSPH.jpg

ghWIVW8.jpg

3rgjSSO.jpg

I made some doors for a new enclosure for my machine. Just aluminum bars for the frame, some aluminum tube for handles and some connectors to the hold the handles to the door.

j72sLea.jpg

cEDHH68.jpg

I also made some sheet metal way covers. I have not had a chance to mount them and test them yet, but I am hopeful that they will work.
QDnStI1.jpg

F0u1bjL.jpg

New Y axis motor mount that will let me put a sheet metal cover over the motor and protect the coupler and bearings from chips and coolant.
doljxCL.jpg

oSvijXs.jpg

W5B3KfU.jpg

Also been making some conversion kits to help pay for more machining stuff.
tHMACi0.jpg

oLz8Le3.jpg

Very nice looking results, there, shooter123456!

I told myself when I was CNC converting my G0704 that it didn't have to be permanent, but if it got me running CNC files I could make multiples of any design approach I came up with. Now that I've had to work on my X and Y axes upside down and backwards in a mirror a few times, I've been thinking of other approaches.

Back