Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

I changed the oil in my vacuum pump and it is now pulling 27 inches so that's good. The silicone tubing does not seem to be working so I got some 1/4" soft burna rubber cord. I re-cut the grid to 0.240" wide. The rubber cord is a little tight but not bad. With one port hooked up I can pull a vacuum on 1/16" and 1/8" metal but the 1/16" engraving plastic is is not stiff enough to get a seal. I'm still not sure if the volume is too low with the pump only being 1.5 cfm. I see other systems using 5 and 6 cfm pumps. I'm still waiting for some fittings to do the manifold.

20160324_193453.png 20160324_193518.png

I got the manifold put together and everything plumbed. I also picked up a 5 cfm 2-stage pump. The Burna rubber cord works great on thick material but not on the thin materiel. With the higher cfm pump the silicone tubing works on the thin plastic. I'm only getting 7-8 inches of vacuum. I'm not sure what I should be expecting. I'm thinking a square gasket may work better. There is a company called AllStar that sells gasketing material specifically for vacuum fixtures so I'm going to try some of that.

20160326_144018.png 20160326_145427.png 20160326_145436.png

I've been wanting to put side mirrors on my Can Am Commander for a while but couldn't come up with a good enough reason to spend $200 to $300. So I did some searching on eBay and found a set of mirrors that had the features I wanted and the price was right, about $35 for the pair. I won't bore you anymore with my gibber gabber. Here are pictures of the finished product.

20160428_083300_resized.jpg

20160428_083436_resized.jpg

20160428_093650_resized.jpg

It's great to see so many cool projects. I'll never get to you guys levels of machining but I get ideas from your work that I might be able to use on building some of my lesser skilled projects. Thanks to all for the pictures.

Nonsense. It takes practice and determination to learn new skills and achieve success in your projects. Give it time. And a lot of scrap :)

simply AMAZING!!! Would love to see you consider a YouTube video of a project end to end. I would be so interested in watching how you do this great work!

In 2006 I purchased my first lathe and mill from Harbor Freight with no idea how to use them
since then I have built (converted to cnc ) all of my cnc equipment from scratch not kits and have a lot I'd like to show...

Fun post. Good idea. A Plasma gantry machine torch holder. Mounted a $20 air spindle to engrave with, and the Son and I did a cool Axe that came out better than we newbs anticipated. Best of all, it was a super fun Dad/Son event!

photo 3.jpg s45Print.jpgengraver1.JPG engraver2.jpg
IMG_2545.jpg IMG_2575 (1).jpg IMG_2828-small.jpg

bloody hell!!!! that stuff is fantastic, so much to learn, I started this hobby toooooo late in life, lol

simply AMAZING!!! Would love to see you consider a YouTube video of a project end to end. I would be so interested in watching how you do this great work!
I'm sorry for the slow reply, My lists I follow keep getting wiped out so I don't get an email.
I have 81 videos on Youtube some good some not very good quality.
search for jumps42009
Thank you for your interest
Steve

Back