Pictures of things made in Home Shop CNC

I have put together a plan for the Moebius.
Created a surface for holding in a vise and
blended it into the original model. Cut all surfaces
in the top view, flip over and cut bottom view.
Last, cut soft jaws, saw off holding tab and
machine the patched surface.

Attachments

• moebius add surface.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 14
Whoops! Hit send too soon.

Is this a functional beer bottle opener?

Some not so quick... quick and easy Christmas presents. Started out to be 8 of them. I did two prototypes, then did a plan to make these 4 all very similar. Destroyed two top pieces because I had the wrong speeds and feeds for stainless when cutting out the notch for the catch. Didn't have enough time to make two more top pieces. Still I have enough for the most important people. They use either Parker refills or Fisher Space Pen refills. I went with the Fisher Space Pen refills for the ones to be given out as gifts.

View attachment 250851
Those look great. Something I've been wanting to make for a while.

My christmas contribution....Custom made game dice and a lithophane ornament with a custom aluminum case.
J58XXP0.jpg

As for the mobius, why not machine the first side, and then flip it over and cast it in wax. should be solid enough to hold it.

Those look great. Something I've been wanting to make for a while.

My christmas contribution....Custom made game dice and a lithophane ornament with a custom aluminum case.

I really like the dice. Nice use for a Turners Cube

thanks, they turned out really well. My girlfriends sister and brother in law are big into D&D and they loved them so they should get some good use as well.

You might need to try out making 8, 12, and 20 sided dice for the D&D crowd. Never seen this done as a Turners "cube" but it would be
interesting if you could do it. I can't see how its would be done, but then I couldn't figure out how to make a 6 sided turners cube until
somebody on HM showed one being made. Those you made are incredible with the numbered faces and colorings.
Are they painted or anodized? If anodized, do you do your own?

Again, very cool.

Back