Plans for a sheet metal bender?

This is a brake I built 20 years ago when all I had was a lincoln 225, a portaband and a few pieces of metal I had picked up off jobsites. I can bend 16 guide up to 20" wide. Just can't be in a hurry. lol
KIMG1451.jpg

How would I find the article/thread?

You can find it two ways. Go to the Village Press website then click on Metalworking, then Back Issues. You can then scroll through and find it that way or call their "800" number and speak with a real person. Or you can wait a day or two and I will go through my back issues and find the year and months of the articles series. I've got a houseful of family this weekend but will start looking on Monday.

You can find it two ways. Go to the Village Press website then click on Metalworking, then Back Issues. You can then scroll through and find it that way or call their "800" number and speak with a real person. Or you can wait a day or two and I will go through my back issues and find the year and months of the articles series. I've got a houseful of family this weekend but will start looking on Monday.

Found the first article here. HSM Vol. 27 No. 04 Jul-Aug 2008 . This being a multi-article project search subsequent issues for the follow-on articles.

Tom,
How do I access the article? I do subscribe.
Thank you,
Jeff

These kind of post always gets my interest cause I also want one.I also posted the same question on a welding forum which receive some good answers just like here.I also would like the finger break which is what Eastwood is selling but just like your thinking the quality is just not there,so I figure I would also look for plans to make one that will bend 16ga with no problems.Well I never got around to pricing material cause there is a guy that makes breaks but not finger that he says will bend 16ga by 36" wide for 500.00. I figure that material would cost me about half that amount,then all the mistakes that I would make and all the time invested.I just don't think I can go wrong on this shop made break and like the one of the other posters here,what is a person's time worth.If I was going to pull the trigger on Eastwood,I would make plans on beefing it up any way possible then it should do anything you want it to.Please keep this post going,lots of interest here

Tom,
How do I access the article? I do subscribe.
Thank you,
Jeff

You have to have the magazine. As far as I know they do not have internet accessibility. If you don't have the pertinent issues you can call Village Press and buy back issues. If they don't have the issues you need let me know. I can dig through my collection and copy the articles for you. Not sure I can post them on this forum due to copyright law. Moderators - If I'm wrong please let me know and I'll post them for all to see.

Tom,
I’ll give the magazine a call.
ASM109, great press mount brake ideas, thanks.
Jeff

Back