Plasma CNC Table Masso/Clearpath/Hypertherm

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Registered
I am starting another CNC build log, but i will be designing and building 100% of this one not just a conversion..... This machine is going to move very fast.... I will be using large 10 start lead screws with a 10:1 movement ratio so one rotation is 1" of travel.... The table is going to be 5'x5' with a shallow water trap underneath..... I am currently thinking about how to design the table top to support the work, I have a few ideas but they aren't easy.....lol

I will post some pictures of my progress soon....

Last edited:
Sounds like a really fun ride!

popcorn.gif

Thanks for bringing us along.
-brino

I am starting another CNC build log, but i will be designing and building 100% of this one not just a conversion..... This machine is going to move very fast.... I will be using large 10 start lead screws with a 10:1 movement ratio so one rotation is 1" of travel.... The table is going to be 5'x5' with a shallow water trap underneath..... I am currently thinking about how to design the table top to support the work, I have a few ideas but they aren't easy.....lol

I will post some pictures of my progress soon....

.Vertical flat bars / wasters ? Maybe 3/32 x 2. ? Sheared plate would / should be reasonable.

I will be using 1" round stock for the ways with liner bearings...... The servo motor and lead screw for the gantry feed will be mounted in the middle under the table. The servo motor will mount to the gantry and spin a nut on the lead screw.... So the screw will be locked down and only the nut will spin..... The frame will be 2x2x1/8" steel square tubing......

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Last edited:
Looks good. Don't forget a large drain,they get nasty after a while.

Back