Please check your spam, and also I am not able to reply to anyone with Comcast emails right now

qualitymachinetools

Active User
H-M Supporter - Site Sponsor
Hey Everyone,
I am getting some people who do not seem to get my email replies, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM if you email and do not hear back. We reply to everyone right away, normally within 24 hours, or at most 48 if over a weekend.
If you email us and do not receive a reply, chances are that its going to your bulk/spam email folder.

And also, right now, I can not email anyone with a Comcast email address for some reason. This happened a while back and all of a sudden it was working again, and now it is back to not working. I have no idea why, but I dont know how else to get this message to people. Have been getting emails from people saying that they never received a reply, when I absolutely did reply. Just wanted to remind everyone to check their spam folder, and also to let people know about Comcast. And of course Comcast says there is no problem. But there is, and that problem is exclusively with them.

And #1, if you need something, and do not get a reply by email, PLEASE CALL US 412-787-2876. Yes email is much easier and 95% of them seem to go through without a problem. So this is only in case you do not hear back. I agree that many times, email is much easier, especially for me, but the phone is a good back up, just remember that email is not perfect, and it seems to be getting less and less reliable for some. If you do not hear back, do not get mad and thing we ignored you, we absolutely did not, if that is the case, please call.

Thanks!
Matt

Thanks Matt, I'll send along an alternate email address with my next contact.

Yes I tried to do that with Comcast, they say that I need to enter in our blocked IP, but the only one I can find to enter comes back with an email that says we are not blocked. Right now, Every comcast email I send is getting a return message. So people are not getting them.
That, and I got yelled at yesterday for not responding to someone, even though I actually did, and then he checked his spam and found it. And that was my fault too, no apology of course. But that happens weekly, probably daily actually, and some people probably just think we don't reply.

Hang in there...the world is full folks like that.

Yes, for sure, thankfully 99% of our customers are great people, just a few every once in a while will get to me. I think we are lucky in that aspect, mostly because it is not the every day kind of person who has an interest in metalworking. Seems to be a different crowd for the most part, so I do think we have that going for us compared with just dealing with the general population!

Yes I tried to do that with Comcast, they say that I need to enter in our blocked IP, but the only one I can find to enter comes back with an email that says we are not blocked. Right now, Every comcast email I send is getting a return message. So people are not getting them.
That, and I got yelled at yesterday for not responding to someone, even though I actually did, and then he checked his spam and found it. And that was my fault too, no apology of course. But that happens weekly, probably daily actually, and some people probably just think we don't reply.

WTH is wrong with people these days, always have to blame someone else. We all know you are an outstanding person with great CS. Don't worry about it Matt!

BTW, longtime no talk to, my fault though. Well I guess that's a good thing in a sense, that means my mill & lathe are still trouble free!

I have two machines on order with QMT.

While I have yet to speak to or correspond with the world renowned Matt :beguiled:, I wanted to share that my purchase process has been an experience in great customer service. I have worked with Greg at QMT and he has been extremely helpful.

Although I have purchased (probably more than) my share of machinery over the years, the world of hobby machining is fairly new territory for me. As such I had many questions and probably an overdose of internet information. Through a series of phone calls and emails Greg was more than helpful in the process. In each and every case his response was timely.

For those that may read this I just wanted to let them know that based on my experience I have nothing but positive things to say about the customer service at QMT!

Thanks guys! And yes Will, it has been a while, glad everything is going well for you!

And BF Hammer, thanks for the nice words about us. I am no one special, but I am here almost all the time, so I am sure I will answer one of these times. And that was good to hear about Greg, he sure better be on top of things, his office is right near mine, and I am always checking up on them ha ha. Well that, and he is my younger brother, so I am extra hard on him. He went to machine shop school back a long time ago, and then was in the corporate world for quite a few years. Came here about a year or 2 ago now. Nearly impossible to find anyone who even has an idea what a lathe or mill is, but at least he knows about them, (Not quite as much as me, of course ha ha) so it worked out well.

For those who don't know Matt, he owns/runs one of the best companies I have ever dealt with. Products are great, and service is top notch. No, I don't work for him, but have purchased three machines from him and he as always been there when there is an issue or a question. I wouldn't shop anywhere else, but that's just me. :D

Back