Re-Opened Please consider creating a Takisawa subforum

kb58

Registered
Registered
Pretty sure there are enough posts now to justify adding a sub-group, making it easier for owners to find relevant posts.

Somewhat related, because Takisawa lathes were imported and rebranded by various companies, I think keeping it simple with only the Takisawa name is best, instead of listing every importer as well.

Thanks

Last edited:
One of the ways this is handled with other similar forums is to list the make of the machine first, then add the dealers/distributors names to them in the forum title. Who are some of the importers and distributors of the Takisawa brand?

Upvote 0
Webb, MaxTurn, Yuasa, and, um, probably 2-3 others that I can't recall.

Upvote 0
Yuasa was and is a Japanese machine tool manufacturing company in their own right (and still in business although they apparently sold their QCTP line to the Chinese). Are you saying that they bought Takisawa lathes and exported them under the Yuasa brand?

Upvote 0
Yes, with the same model number, TSL-800. The Yuasa nametag is at left, near the red knob:

1565990628414.png

Upvote 0
I should also mention that while Takisawa is still in business, these lathes are either long out of production and/or they no longer import them. Also, the "800" in the part number refers to bed length; the "600" and "1000" versions were imported as well, yet another reason to just generalize the lathe series as "Takisawa."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But do all of the lathes have a Takisawa badge or nameplate in addition to the importer's?

Upvote 0
I believe so; of course some owners may refer to it by the importer's name only, both, or just as Takisawa.

Upvote 0
On your other point, model numbers, I don't know of any examples on here where Fora are named for a specific model made by someone. So we are in agreement there.

Upvote 0
Back