Please Help Mark Frazier

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify some things that people are asking.

1. No email from support@hobby-machinist.com is a scam.
We don't contact you often, but, when we do, there is a reason.

2. Mark used his shop to secure a loan to pay for medical expenses he and his ex owed, and to cover the loss of income he suffered when she walked out of his life into the arms of another man right before they were to be married. This was after 8 years of taking care of her while she was gravely ill. Unless he receives our help, and fast, he will lose his shop, which is his only source of making a living, and be put into bankruptcy.

We are a family on this forum.
When someone is in grave danger of being left destitute, we open our wallets and help them.
They will do the same for us, if heaven forbid, we ever find ourselves in that awful situation one day.
From day one, we have done this. This is a forum where we help one another, pray for one another, and keep each other safe.

Everyone is free to make their own choice, whether or not to help out.
However, please don't confront Mark with pointed questions, or dispute his need for the help.
He is already upset enough without being placed on the defensive.
Liam--

We all know who Mark is--one of the most generous contributors of knowledge to this site, an inspiration to all hobby machinists, and a person deserving of help from all of us. The only thing making me hesitate at all is that I don't know who YOU are, and what your involvement in this is. All I saw in the email is that you are a new member with very few posts. I am guessing that you are part of the new management team--although your name wasn't one of the three listed in Terry's message and I must have missed the introduction elsewhere. When sending money out into the ether I'm guessing I'm not the only one who would like to know who it is making the request, since yours is a name I'm not familiar with. I really mean no offense, but could you clarify who you are and what your role is at Hobby-Machinist? I'm ready to send some money to benefit Mark, and I'm sorry if I'm being overly cautious about this. I also agree with ACHiPo above that some idea of the amounts needed would be helpful in gauging donations.

Bill

Mark, did you ever finish the EDM machine? The last I saw with that thread it wasn't complete. I was really impressed with your work on that. That would be a nice way to repay everyone, finishing that machine. Or posting shop made tooling. I'm sure everyone would feel fulfilled fully just to see you keep working.

The debt in question is almost $7500. So far the total received is over halfway there.

To those who have helped I am extremely grateful and hope I can return the generosity somehow.
Mark,
Thanks for sharing. I’m sure this is difficult, but the amount seems very doable given this august group! Glad to see we’re well on the way!
Evan

The debt in question is almost $7500. So far the total received is over halfway there.

To those who have helped I am extremely grateful and hope I can return the generosity somehow.

Just sent you another $50.00 by paypal. Happy to help out a friend. It would be great if we could get the whole debt paid off.

Roy

Mark, did you ever finish the EDM machine? The last I saw with that thread it wasn't complete. I was really impressed with your work on that. That would be a nice way to repay everyone, finishing that machine. Or posting shop made tooling. I'm sure everyone would feel fulfilled fully just to see you keep working.
The EDM machine is basically complete. The control and servo head are done and test ok. Right now the hold up is building a base for it to mount on and getting the XY table that the work tank sets on. These are rather expensive components, probably around $300 total. I have just been consumed by medical and personal issues this last year.
I am going to get it set up to try in the coming year I hope and will post or maybe attempt a video (if I can figure that out). I have to much work in it not to complete it. Please be patient and keep watching.

The money is going to Mark directly to pay his debt.
Not one dime is going to any of us.
This account is a general admin account that any of the staff can utilize.
We use it when we wish to remain anonymous in something we are doing.

All of the staff here agree that helping Mark is what we want and need to do.
We don't need to take credit for it. It is, in our opinion, the right thing to do.

I wish to Thank everyone who has stepped up to help. You have no idea how much I appreciate everything. This forum is my only family and friends I have. When the management offered to try to help me I wasn't sure if I could , but I gave them the OK and It has been a very humbling experience and I am in awe of the support from everyone. I have manged to go through my 66 years without ever borrowing money from anyone or asking for help from anyone. It is a new experience to have this experience of friendship and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back