Please Help Me Identify This Table Saw

Bartonius

Active User
Registered
I purchased a table saw for $60 at the flea market this weekend. I have been researching but I can't find any info, none at all. it has a brass plate on the side of the table that says M 800 AS 400678. It has Casting markings of an M in a Triangle and an M in a pill shaped oval, all of the Castings have N-# labels. The Fence rides in a slot similar to the miter gauges, I can't even find any pictures online of a similar fence type. Take a look at the pics and let me know if you have any information, Thanks

Answer found over at the Old Wood Working Machines Forum linked off of Vintagemachinery.org...
Thanks to Keith Bohn one of the Admins over there.

I looked but can't find another example of that table saw, you have a really unique toy!

Once you use it a bit tell me if that Pedistool is better for cleaning up the sawdust or worse.

Heavy little rascal for an 8" saw. Never saw one like it. Cool saw.

I have the floor pedestal from one, never knew what it came from. Maybe it's not from a Blue Star, but it appears to be exactly the same. Always planned on using it for making a roller pedestal for the table saw and for the power hacksaw, using two different pieces of pipe to gain two different elevation ranges. I was always concerned that the 18" diameter might be too small to be stable enough though. Doggone thing weighs a ton, so it might just be more stable than I first thought.

Great find though, that is a cool looking saw.

Back