Please need help with mill and coolant

dodoknives225

Registered
Registered
Hey guys just so you know exactly what I am talking about the link to the mill and the coolant system are at the bottom. So I have a grizzly mill and I have a mister and it wasn't cutting it so I got a grizzly 7 gal coolant tank flooder...on the mills page it says it has a drain somewhere attachment to the large catch on the bottom this drain is supposed to be attached to the return hose to bring the water back onto the flooding tank....problem is there is no hole or drain anywhere in that catch so i am kinda stuck if anyone has ANY advice I would really appreciate it!

MILL http://www.grizzly.com/products/8-x-30-Vertical-Mill/G0730

flooder http://www.grizzly.com/search/?q=(7+AND+gal+AND+coolant+AND+tank)+OR+(7+OR+gal+OR+coolant+OR+tank)

I have a Grizzly G1008 which is very similar design to the G0730. The drain is between the knee screw bottom and the mill column. The manual for the G0730 shows the drain as part 442 "Cover".

The coolant tank is likely to be mounted under the base, part 441 which is where my tank was designed to be mounted.

Grizzly_G0730_mill_base.jpg

Ok see looking from the top that hole is not there just the sheet metal but if I look from undernieth I see the hole in the thick frame but it looks like the sheet matal catch tray was just layed on top so I have to drill through the sheet metal? By the way thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting. My sheet metal splash pan is open at the bottom so really just an angled collar. Sounds like for your mill they made the splash pan with solid bottom. Odd. Not obvious from the manual.

ill take another look but when I was undernieth that hole was the first thing I thought of but like I said the sheetmatal for the bottom of that catch tray is layed over it BUT if they drilled a hole in the thick frame piece that is under the sheet metal well I would think they drilled that hole through the thick stuff for a reason so I will go double check

so I took another look it seems there Is no drain hole this is going to turn into a major project I think

Bummer. I do not think you need a big hole though, so perhaps start with e.g., 1/2in dia hole or several smaller holes which would be easier to drill. The holes just need to be above the open area of the coolant pan.

Back