PM-1054TV Delivery & Setup

MtnBiker

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
New to the group. Decided on a mill as a complement to our home-shop (for now) metal fab business. Checked out domestics (Wells/Bridgeport) and decided on PM for all the reasons everyone else does. Matt and staff were very easy to work with. Precision boring/tapping and possibly some face milling to start. Got the larger mill anticipating some prototyping as we expand beyond welding job shop work into fabrication and product development. Pretty stoked to expand our capabilities...lots to learn and happy to be here. Will be renting a fork lift to get this beast off the truck when it arrives later this month/early next. Pics to come (the PM website shows a PM-949 so this might be interesting).

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum MtnBiker!
As you have already found out, Matt and associates are great to work with and their service after the sale is top notch.
I had to look up a PM-1054TV because I had never heard of that model then I see you had posted the pictures on the website were of the 949. LOL

Looking forward to seeing pics.

I'm down here in SE AZ and have (much) smaller machines, but I've been very happy with the PM machines (three total) that I have ordered/owned over the years. That 1054TV is going to be a brute! Lots of pics required!

Oh, and welcome to the forums MtnBiker. :D

That is the make & model that I will buy as soon as I can afford one. It is 3 HP, right?

Did you get 3 phase, variable speed?

I have never seen a picture of one of these before. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

That is the make & model that I will buy as soon as I can afford one. It is 3 HP, right?

Did you get 3 phase, variable speed?

I have never seen a picture of one of these before. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.
Yes - I got a 3 hp single phase with variable speed (the 3 phase units were out of stock and word on the street is there isn't any noticeable difference between them).

I don’t see that a single image of this machine has ever been published on the Internet.
Kinda weird right? I'll change this if nobody beats me to it.
Would be nice to get photos of a 949 and 1054 next to each other for comparison.

Last edited:
The delivery saga started yesterday (delivering the forklift a day early).
DSC_1011_DxO.jpg

Make sure if you get a big mill...you get 6ft forks.

Got to the shipping terminal with the U-Haul. The forklift driver looks at my U-Haul, looks at the PM crate, looks at my U-Haul again and asks...are you sure? I got at least one measurement a few inches off.

DSC_1018_DxO.jpg

I had to prop the roll-up door open with a painting pole so the crate wouldn't rip it off the rails. Since the forklift was about 1mm from the trailer hitch on the U-Haul, we had to strap the crate, pull it out a few inches with the forklift, snug up the forks, rinse repeat about 3 times. We needed all 6 feet to get this monster out. This is my oldest - engineer, welder, CWI and a pretty decent fork lift operator.

Finally,

DSC_1029_DxO.jpg

Looks like an Autobot hiding in the crate.

DSC_1037_DxO.jpg

Here is our fork lift setup (we had more tie downs, c-clamps and straps but this was near the end and just some fine positioning (new 100 amp service to the shop in the background). 2 things...8 foot garage doors for the win. And we had to remove the safety cage from the forks to fit in the garage. Easy enough and made this possible.

DSC_1049_DxO.jpg

Promised some pics of the PM-1054 TV (in out-of-the box condition of course):

DSC_1058_DxO.jpg

DSC_1059_DxO.jpg

This will be a nice addition to our welding business (the yellow thing is a commercial fume extractor, green thing is one of our welders). There is room in there for a lathe...but that will have to wait. We gotta make some money first.

DSC_1063_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
that'll add alot of capability, that's for sure. Well kitted out too - X and knee power feeds, DRO, variable speed. Very nice.

Back